Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

throat is annoying me

I think it's been about 5 or 6 months now since I started noticing changed in my throat. Out of the blue I started noticed my voice getting deeper and deeper. It started becoming harder to pronounce words that I used to have no problems saying. It was almost like I was hitting puberty again....but I'm 22 so it's doubtful thats it.

After the sudden drop in my voice I've been noticed my throat always seems to be obstructed by what feels like mucus. When I clear my throat nothing really comes out but it still helps a bit when I need to talk. I end up having to clear my throat ever time I want to talk now which is becoming really annoying. I don't smoke so I we can rule that out as being a cause. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe it's a ear/nasal drip. I've never had this type of throat problem before but I've always had nasal drip problems.

I figured id post on here to see if anyone else has had something like this before. It's annoying as hell and I hate having a deeper voice. It's so hard to communicate with people when your voice blends in with almost any type of noise lol.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

my aunt just had a tumor taken from her throat

same symptoms

aren't ya glad ya asked >.<

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Eesh I hope it's not a tumor.

My ears haven't been the same since I used the ear plugs a couple years ago. I went to see a several different doctors but they don't know what's going on. Sometimes they are useless. But I think you should go see a doctor just to make sure it's not something serious.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

Eesh I hope it's not a tumor.

My ears haven't been the same since I used the ear plugs a couple years ago. I went to see a several different doctors but they don't know what's going on. Sometimes they are useless. But I think you should go see a doctor just to make sure it's not something serious.

what is wrong with your ears? Is it a muff sound, like they are clogged up? It could be a wax build up caused by the ear plugs. If this is the case, try mixing hydrogen peroxide with warm water and pouring it into your ear. If you have a squirt bottle of some type it would work best. let the fluid settle in your ear for 5-15 minutes. If you hear fizzing or crackling sounds in your ear, its the solution dissolving the wax. I had to do this for one of my ears that clogged up bad. It worked wonders.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'd go to the doctor if I were you gokudx7, I remember another topic where you mentioned a throat problem. You should make sure its not a recurring problem. Also, if the mucus is thick and yellowish, then you most likely have a sinus infection. Or, you could just be going thru another life adjustment that comes with age... A woman at my work has to clear her throat constantly. It annoyed the hell out of me, but after listening to her random cough/clearing sound for 5 years, I've gotten used to it. BTW, I can't remember but do you wear glasses or sunglasses? The pressure on your nasal passage may be causing a sinus leak issue... If you get your glasses adjusted to relieve pressure off your nose, it could help alot.

what is wrong with your ears? Is it a muff sound, like they are clogged up? It could be a wax build up caused by the ear plugs. If this is the case, try mixing hydrogen peroxide with warm water and pouring it into your ear. If you have a squirt bottle of some type it would work best. let the fluid settle in your ear for 5-15 minutes. If you hear fizzing or crackling sounds in your ear, its the solution dissolving the wax. I had to do this for one of my ears that clogged up bad. It worked wonders.

I agree with this method. Me and lady have used it ourselves plenty of times and it works good. Except we'll generally use straight hydrogen peroxide for full effect. And use a little squirt bottle we use is one of those flexible baby snot sucker ones you can pick up at any pharmacy.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Warm milk and turmeric is an age old combo to help throats if they're sore. If you opt for it, go easy on the turmeric, I'd say half a spoonful for a glass's worth of warm milk.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

It feels like something is stuck or filled up in there. It's itchy from the inside too sometimes. It started like 2+ years ago. It's similar feelings to when I had my ear plugged on. Doctors cleansed my ears 3 times removing ear wax buildups with those water squirt guns and they said there was nothing wrong with them and don't see anything wrong. I don't have trouble hearing sound either. My left ear still bothers me but my right ear seems to be okay for now.

Sledg, ya last year I had a huge cut down my throat that lasted for a few months. I posted about it here because I wasn't sure what it was or why it was there. The throat swelled up as a result of it. It's been better ever since though.

As for the mucus, theres actually no visible mucus at all. I can feel it at the bottom of my throat but I cant cough anything up. It's almost like when you have to much soda and you feal that layer of mucus build up in your throat. I can only clear the passageway long enough to talk a bit before it gets clogged again. I have no problems breating...it's just talking in general.

I have a long history of ear/nose issues which might be the problem lol. I get my ears cleaned every few months by the doctor since I have small ear cannals that get built up in wax esily. I've slept on my nose a lot ever since I was little so it grew a little sideways. I actuly cant breath from my right nostral at all now. I do have plans to go to the doctors and have them fix this soon though.

I really doubt it's cancer or a tumor. I cant feel any lumps other then my adams apple (which happens to be located right where the problems are). I still have my tonselses but dont have any pains or scrachy feelings so I doubt it's related to them.

My friend mentioned that it might just be a second growth spert. If this is the case I wish my voice didnt change so much :(. I'll probably be setting up a doctors appointment this week or next to see what's going on.

PS. Does hydrogen peroxide actuly work? I never tried it in my ears since it alwase seemed dumb considering hydrogen peroxide only fizzes when it hits blood or metalic objects. If it works then I guess I'll try it.

@[ame=http://forums.ancientclan.com/member.php?u=195]Ancient Clan Forums - View Profile: slippers@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: slippers</title>@@AMEPARAM@@slippers[/ame] sounds like me when I was younger. I had a hevily packed wall of wax built up inside my ear haha. After 20 mins of blasting high pressure water and swabbing in my ear they finaly cleaned them out. Apparently all those years of using q-tips the wrong way was the cause of it....well that and my small ear cannals *shakes fist at mom*.

My dad also had a problem similar to what your describing after we went on an air plane over to the swiss alps. For some reason his ears wouldnt "pop" for the whole week we where over there. Then when we got on the air plane to come back, they suddenly poped lol. Maybe your ears are in a similar situation. Pressure built up but doesnt want to release.

Anyway, thanks guys for your help and suggestions. I'll keep you informed once I find out what the real problem is.

sig.php

@Ancient Clan Forums - View Profile: slippers sounds like me when I was younger. I had a hevily packed wall of wax built up inside my ear haha. After 20 mins of blasting high pressure water and swabbing in my ear they finaly cleaned them out. Apparently all those years of using q-tips the wrong way was the cause of it....well that and my small ear cannals *shakes fist at mom*.

My dad also had a problem similar to what your describing after we went on an air plane over to the swiss alps. For some reason his ears wouldnt "pop" for the whole week we where over there. Then when we got on the air plane to come back, they suddenly poped lol. Maybe your ears are in a similar situation. Pressure built up but doesnt want to release.

Docs told me they were cleaned but I still feel it sometimes and I don't think it's pressure either. Meh I don't know. When I was using q-tips, I really had no problem and it felt normal for years. I haven't touched my ears with q-tips since that day except using those Asian wax sticks (looks like a spoon to scoop out your ear wax - it's thinner and smaller than q-tips to move around your ears) if it feels stuffy and itch.

I've seen those axian wax sticks in animes! Some have a poofy thing on the other end, any idea what thats used for?

I generally clean my ears out with my pinky finger nail in the shower. After enough steam builds up, your nails get a little softer too, I just reach in there and gently scrape out my ears a couple times in a scooping motion and I get a noticeable amount of white wax out under my nails every other day.

btw, peroxide does work. My doctor even recommends it. Tilt your head sideways and back a little (In case it accidentally overflows your ear, or you miss it, you don't want it to drip down your face into your eye.) Use a cotton ball to soak up some hydrogen peroxide from the bottle, and put about 3-5 drops in your ear, keep your head tilted and give it a couple minutes to fiz. Then stuff a fresh cotton ball in your ear to close it up, give it another ten minutes for a really bad ear ache or if its still fizzing, then tilt your head the other way to drain it out. If it feels like its still in there, use the a little plastic squirter to flush warm water in your ear slowly, or jump in the shower and let the water flush out your ear.

btw, has anyone ever tried an ear candle? I still don't know if I can trust if it really works or not.

BTW, your throat problem could be connected to your ears. If you clean out your ears with hydrogen peroxide, maybe that will stop some ear drainage from irritating your throat?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Poofy thing? I have no idea. I've seen as far as it being used as a key chain (gross) or little decoration at the end as well like little patterns. But I don't really prefer to use it unless it is necessary because you can easily hurt your eardrum if you are not careful.

Sledg is talking about an ear pick http://images.jbox.com/f3/earcleaner_a64.jpg

I normally just turn my head sideways in the shower and let hot watter rush in my ears for a few mins. So far that's been helping me out a lot. I'll try peroxide if my ears ever feel like their packed up or hurting bad.

I wouldn't doubt that this is all tied to my ears and nose. I've had ear infections since I was young and I haven't been able to fully breath from my nose for at least 8 years now. This still doesn't explain why my voice got deeper though. Did any of you go through a second puberty when you hit 23? That's the only thing I can think of right now.

sig.php

It feels like something is stuck or filled up in there. It's itchy from the inside too sometimes. It started like 2+ years ago. It's similar feelings to when I had my ear plugged on. Doctors cleansed my ears 3 times removing ear wax buildups with those water squirt guns and they said there was nothing wrong with them and don't see anything wrong. I don't have trouble hearing sound either. My left ear still bothers me but my right ear seems to be okay for now.

Its prolly a wax build up

My left ear clogs shut when my allergies go nuts. I dunno wtf it is but the sucker produces wax like its going outta style -_-;

try Debrox ear drops if straight peroxide dun get it

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this