25 posts in this topic
In this tutorial I will explain how the Auto Save works in the editor and how to change the wallpaper and secondary color of the entire site.
First off, "Auto Saved Content"
1) Sometimes you'll be making a giant post and something happens.. you lost it. You closed the tab you were replyin in. But don't worry just yet. There is a good chance the editor has Auto Saved your post! Every couple minutes or so the editor will auto save your post for that specific topic. Lets say I typed the following and in another tab I'm looking up some info and then I accidentally closed the tab with my post in it.
2) To see if your post is still saved. Go back to that topic and load the editor at the bottom of the page. Do not start typing anything! First, check to see if you have "Auto Saved Content", if you do, then you should be ok. Click on the link that is circled in the image.
3) Once you click on the link, you'll see the content has been saved. Once you click "Restore Content" you will see your post has been restored and you can continue where you left off.
Next, I will explain how to change your secondary color and wallpaper. The secondary color is mostly visible in the Light theme, but it does show some changes if used along with a partially transparent wallpaper.
1) Click the tools at the bottom right corner of the screen.
2) It will pop up the color and wallpaper selections.
3) If you click the top part with the hand you will get a color selector. Try some different colors or put in the hex code of the color you want. You can also select some different wallpaper tiles.
4) Lets say you uploaded a wallpaper to our "Random Wallpapers" gallery or you would like to use a wallpaper that has already been uploaded by someone else. Go to the image you want to use and right click on the image. As you will see in this pic, the default windows right click menu shows up, but so does our gallery right click menu. You will want to click on the gallery menu to see it.
5) You will now want to right click on "Direct link to this image file" and then click "Copy Link Location"
6) Now go back to your skin tool menu and right click and paste the link to the wallpaper into the custom background area and then click on "Change"
7) Now that you are done, click on the tools again to close the menu.
8) And thats it!
Click here to view the article