Sledgstone

Playstation 5

Until we get solid info from Sony, theres only speculation so far about the final list of features, prices, etc. The latest rumor I just read was this:

https://bgr.com/2020/01/13/ps5-release-date-price-announcement-and-preorder-details-leaked/

If true the price will be $499 and be available for preorder early February. And there will be full backwards compatibility with digitally owned games. And ps4 controllers will be forward compatible, which would explain that new extra back button attachment that was announced.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

If they announce this event I'll ask off just so I can preorder. Otherwise I'll get in trouble at work for refreshing the amazon search. 🙄Fucking Ebay scalpers are going to be in full force. One touch amazon purchasing is the best thing ever. I remember the days of frantically typing in your credit card number hoping to get one before the bots purchased everything.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm so glad I skipped on watching that PS5 reveal guy talk. XD The PS5 looks a bit underpowered compared to the series X, but I bet thats because they'll be making a PS5 Pro after a year thats more powerful. But those load times are nice. I'll be sticking with playstation. They'll have too many exclusives that I'll want. God of War, FFVII, backwards compatibility with my existing game collection, etc.

Video won't play on my phone, but if it's about the overheating, its already been debunked. Jason Schreier called out the source on twitter and referenced every false negative rumor they've ever tweeted about playstation. 

Yeah my 360 controllers were always looking grungy back in the day. hopefully there are color options. My main gripe is that they didn't show the back of the controller. It obviously has buttons back there, or else there would have been no issue showing it. Instead we got the ole "We'll show you more later" at the end.

7 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

My main gripe is that they didn't show the back of the controller. It obviously has buttons back there, or else there would have been no issue showing it. Instead we got the ole "We'll show you more later" at the end.

I didn't even think about that but you're right. I don't get why they didn't show it off. Odd. I hope the controller comes in a dark blue/black or all black variation.

Two versions is nice especially for people who no longer buy physical media. I'll still grab the disc drive version because 1) my PS4 acts as my BD player since I gave my other one to my parents and 2) I'm still not a fan of digital only media and prefer to actually own my games, not a license to play the game (that can be taken away at any time for any reason).

What is with the obsession for back buttons? Quite honestly see no point in them but then again I'm moving more toward PC gaming now-a-days and rarely pick up a controller anymore.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Its mainly for shooters. With the jump and reload buttons on the back, you never have to take your fingers off the sticks. I have a custom modded controller for this, and it's pretty expensive. When I played Overwatch, this was an extreme advantage to have when playing Lucio. Once you get use to it, you wonder why every controller doesn't just have the back buttons. 

eh..i dont order anything above $200 from online. i know itll be hard but ill just wait until it reaches retail stores. i eventually gave up on getting Wii back when lol. i couldnt find that thing anywhere for years. waiting can be good though, it gives time to release better titles. i remember when my brother got his ps4 on its release day..there were only like 2 interesting games out and he was so bored with it. and then they started to re-release ps3 games to ps4 and i was thinking so ppl buy ps4 to play ps3 games..that just seemed pointless.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg