Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sledgstone

Final Fantasy XIII-2

4 posts in this topic

My opinion, no XIII wasn't good enough to necessitate a sequel (based on seeing the whole game all the way through, not playing it (plan on buying it eventually)). Story was ok, not the greatest but not the worst. Some good and some bad characters (and some annoying, so wanted to kill Hope). Graphics were impressive, best of any FF game by far. Combat was a joke, talk about spamming one button and taking a nap for 90% of the fights.

I basically chock this up to the same reason why FFX-2 was made, take advantage of the massive hype of XIII and milk it until FF Versus XIII is finished and released. That and it guarantees them time to iron out the details for the, more then likely, next FF to come.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

they are probably hoping for some quick cash...SE is hurting bad right now(78% drop in profits) and they need the money so developing on an already built engine is pretty cheap at this point

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Square Enix is trying to remind everyone about Final Fantasy VII again, this time with a Pre-Order Bonus for their new game "Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII"

I loved Final Fantasy VII and I have to admit that Buster Sword looks good in an HD game. Maybe this is Square Enix's way of teasing that a FFVII HD remake could still happen? Or maybe they want to rub it in everyone's face that it will never happen and the best we'll get is a DLC for a new FF game? Its possibly a bit of both, but more likely they're doing this simply to increase their pre-orders.
      For a better look at this game, check out the official E3 trailer:

Click here to view the article
    • By Sledgstone
      Square Enix is trying to remind everyone about Final Fantasy VII again, this time with a Pre-Order Bonus for their new game "Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII"

I loved Final Fantasy VII and I have to admit that Buster Sword looks good in an HD game. Maybe this is Square Enix's way of teasing that a FFVII HD remake could still happen? Or maybe they want to rub it in everyone's face that it will never happen and the best we'll get is a DLC for a new FF game? Its possibly a bit of both, but more likely they're doing this simply to increase their pre-orders.
      For a better look at this game, check out the official E3 trailer:

• By Sledgstone
      http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176731
      It sounds like they're bringing back FFX's sphere grid system! That would be awesome. Why re-invent the wheel, when you have something that works?
    • By Sledgstone
      http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/
      Click in the news section for all three games. At least one of the games has quite a few screen shots already up. Looks damn good.