Sign in to follow this  
Myk JL

Time Warner Cable drops plan to charge heavy Internet users more

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus17-2009apr17,0,7958552.column

I woke up this morning hearing something about TWC charging more for Internet use.

"Time Warner Cable Inc. announced Thursday that it would shelve plans to begin charging Internet customers as much as $150 a month for heavy usage."

"As I wrote in my Wednesday column, Time Warner had planned to introduce “tiered pricing” for Internet use in New York and North Carolina this summer, with other states to follow."

"But Karl Bode, editor of BroadBand Reports.com, responded by saying this was just a money grab by a gatekeeper to the Net. Time Warner, he said, was more concerned about cable customers canceling their TV service and watching exclusively online."

Where's Comcast & the other cable Internet service providers when you need them if & when TWC tries to pull this shit?

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Time-Warner-Cable-Metered-Billing-Will-Return-101962

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

too much internet use to control like that if they wanna keep their business

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I've been reading bits and hearing stories about this for the past year. NPR has had a couple stories about it. And its a damn good thing TW dropped it. Because their entire plan for it is seriously flawed. It'd be one thing to continue offering current unlimited usage for the price its currently at, and then offer small limited access accounts to people who only want to check their email or google things real quick without having to wait for a dial up connection. But for them to have initial plans of 5 and 10 gb accounts and then charge a $1 a gig after that is fucking rediculous. It would put sites like youtube and netflix right out of business because everyone would stop using them because they couldn't afford the bandwidth.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sign in to follow this