Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

'Fantastic Four' Reboot

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/14487.html

Fox is planning to reboot the Fantastic Four franchise with a new director, a new cast, and a new more serious attitude, according to IESB. The first two FF movies were not exactly flops. The initial film in the series earned $330 million worldwide, while the second brought in $290, but critics and, more importantly, fans were lukewarm in their response to the FF movies.

Fox is currently contemplating “rebooting” other properties such as Daredevil and Planet of the Apes (see “New Planet of the Apes Movie”), and with Marvel eager to reclaim its properties for its Marvel Studios moviemaking arm, Fox is in a situation of “use it or lose it” with the FF and Daredevil. Since the Fantastic Four films were far more successful that the ill-fated Fox Daredevil, it makes sense for the studio to concentrate its efforts on the FF first.

According to IESB, Fox execs want to create a Fantastic Four movie that is “less bubblegum” then their previous efforts, and follows the template of the high successful Iron Man, which was darker and more serious than the FF films. If Fox doesn’t reboot the Fantastic Four franchise, it is likely that Marvel Studios will, which it precisely why Fox is evidently putting some effort into refashioning its approach to the property.

I didn't really see a problem with the first two Fantastic Four movies. :look:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

i wasnt impressed much at all tbh

but ive never really been a fan of FF

but a reboot this soon is a bad idea,

also i thought daredevil was a really good movie (super hero wise)

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I didn't really care for the daredevil movie. But I was never a big fan of either series. *shrug* It does seem pretty quick for a remake. The quick turnaround on a hulk remake made sense, but FF still seems fresh in my mind.

I like how Marvel has been reclaiming their property lately. The Iron Man movies and upcoming avenger movie should be damn good.

:huh:

How long will it take Marvel to reclaim the X-Men universe? Fox started screwing that up since X-3.

Also FF are too lame to be on the big screen.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

well they fucked x-men from the 1st film by not namining it: Wolverine and the X-Men

because even though wolverine is a fan favourite, x-men should have been about the X-men

sigpic1620_11.gif

I think they're just trying to milk the hell out of a franchise lol. It wouldn't make sense to reboot a series that actually did financially well. Whats probably going to go down is that they'll go about saying how much an improvement this film is compared to the first two and garantee a hit. They'll pretty much rake in another 200 million and dupe everyone in for helping them. I bet they won't bother screening the film just to make sure there isn't any press about it before it's released.

Galactus was some space cloud... Thats all that needs to be said. :desksd:

The only parts I liked about FF was the fact that Jessica Alba was hot, and Silver Surfer was cool.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The only parts I liked about FF was the fact that Jessica Alba was hot, and Silver Surfer was cool.

the cloud had a shape to it just in case they make a SS film,

Galactus_Cloud.jpg

sigpic1620_11.gif

well they fucked x-men from the 1st film by not namining it: Wolverine and the X-Men

because even though wolverine is a fan favourite, x-men should have been about the X-men

:nod: Fox messed those movies up bad. I still think it was rediculous to have Rogue, the hottest x-men character, to be portrayed as a kid and played by someone that looks nothing like her. And of course the costumes were shit leather. -_-

ROTFLMAO. I was going to say that in my initial post. "... except for galactus being a space cloud that was still too small." X'D

the cloud had a shape to it just in case they make a SS film,

Galactus_Cloud.jpg

I never noticed that before. O_O Thats still pretty lame of them to make him explode in a brief resemblence of what hes supposed to look like.