Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

http://movies.ign.com/articles/953/953459p1.html

February 20, 2009 - IGN Movies has learned that Universal Pictures is planning to turn the TV series Battlestar Galactica into a feature film with series creator Glen A. Larson being lined up to script and produce it.

We were informed that the film will be based on the original BSG series from 1978-79 rather than the recent reboot from Sci Fi Channel. The story followed a band of humans who were the only survivors of a devastating attack on their colonial homeworld by the vicious cybernetic race known as the Cylons. The survivors, led by Commander Adama, embark on a journey through space aboard the military vessel Battlestar Galactica to find refuge on a distant planet called Earth.

Battlestar Galactica has been in cinemas before. Re-edited versions of television episodes were released theatrically: Battlestar Galactica (1978), Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack (1978), and Conquest of the Earth (1980).

A Universal spokesperson refused to comment on rumored projects before ultimately denying it; we were later able to confirm our scoop independently. (This studio denial was reminiscent of Sony's dismissive response to our scoop about Jaden Smith starring in a Karate Kid remake, which we broke a YEAR before the project was officially announced.)

Although we understand that nothing is final yet on the BSG film front, fans should likely expect an official announcement on the project in the coming weeks.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

It will suck if it isn't based off the series. But I can see why they'd want to more or less restart the franchise already considering the series is coming to a more or less solid conclusion with its own follow-up on tv movie.

They want to milk a dead horse, so they'll make a new movie based off the same concept series except leave it never ending like so much of america's never ending pointless series that end horribly like everything stargate. :nod:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

my Starbuck will always beat their Starbuck's ass

starbuck_shoot.jpg

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Hmmm ... I'm gonna have mixed reactions on this right now ... it doesn't need to be done imo. But, we'd all wish for the series to continue or watch our favorite characters do something once BSG stops airing, right ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

after finishing BSG, a movie will only cheapen the expierence,

why summerise a 4 season master piece into a 2hr film,

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Sign in to follow this