Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Battlestar Glactica Ending with Season 4

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/10677.html

Executive Producers Ronald Moore and David Eick announced that the SCI FI Channel's award-winning Battlestar Galactica series will end upon the completion of the 22-episode fourth season, which will commence in early 2008. Eick and Moore said that ending the series was a "creative" decision and they told the SCI FI Net: "This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle, and, finally, an end. Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there: We're going out with a bang."

Fans won't be the only ones who are saddened by the end of BSG, by the end of next year retailers too could be mourning the end of one of the most creative science fiction series of the modern era, and more importantly, a series that had developed a strong and devoted fan following and inspired a wide range of tie-in products including comic books from Dynamite, action figures from Diamond Select Toys, an RPG from Margaret Weis Productions, and prop replicas from Master Replicas. The SCI FI Channel will also have to replace it most popular series (see "SCI FI Channel Ratings Soar"). Fortunately we will all have the new Battlestar Galactica around through the end of 2008.

This saddens me but I am also quite pleased. This show always reminded me of anime in the sense that it had a constant ongoing plot and any of the main characters could probably die at any time. When it first started I also thought about Babylon 5 and how that show was also made with a beginning, middle and end and I always assumed BSG would end within 5 seasons too. Of course an ending to a series is something thats often lacking in many American shows because of retail money and ratings. *coughlostcough*

What do you think of this news? are you sad? happy? a mix of both?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I am kinda sad..I mean watching Battlestar became part of my Sunday night routine. Then SciFi added Dresden Files, and I really liked that series as well. :happy:(the books are awesome:drool:). I'm waiting for new episodes on that one too. Sunday nights are dull now..I feel so lost..:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I'm sad since i'm somewhat of a new fan to the show even though I've watched the last 2 seasons. At the same time I'm happy the show has an ending. It would have sucked if it was just dropped without an ending.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

BSG is 4 seasons complete. The Plan which is about the cylons original plans for the humans is out on dvd and will be aired on syfy in the fall.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this