Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

InuYasha series finale

I've been listening to the Best of InuYasha soundtrack lately and I miss not having new episodes to watch. :( I hope they eventually make some more. :\

and I have a new theory about how they could save the show! O_O

What if when Kikyo actually dies, her soul reverts back to Kagome? Seeing as how Kikyo's borrowed soul was stolen from Kagome's body to begin with, wouldn't it make sense that it would return to her upon Kikyo's death? And if that were to happen, Kagome would regain her full power. I've come to the conclusion that Kagome actually had all the spiritual power of Kikyo to begin with. Only with that much power could she have shattered the shikon jewel in the first place. But near the beginning of the series, they bring Kikyo into it and part of Kagome/Kikyo's soul is taken from her.. thus greatly weakening Kagome before she even became proficient at using the bow. :nod: So if Kagome was to regain her power, she would no longer be worthless, but quite the opposite. She would be desperatly needed.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

the manga isn't anywhere close to being finished. The author announced it'll still be getting new chapters upwards and thru 2007. Just because the anime ended, the story is still ongoing.

It's finally over now..2 years later. Lol.

I didn't follow the entire story because it was too long. I only read the last couple chapters and the final one.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

This is an old thread... but yeah, this show has the dumbest ending ever. They could have just ended the series with InuYasha killing Naraku with the Tesaiga. But of course some how the obvious ending seems like they were trying to avoid.

Even if the show wasn't canceled I bet I can tell you the plot being Naraku's force field is upgraded for the millionth time & InuYasha has to find a new uber move for his sword.

Even if the Naraku was killed & the shikon jewel restored what's the point of InuYasha become Human or Loony? If he became human he could no longer use Tetsaiga properly. And if he goes the other way he just becomes even more boring...

Maybe they could have turned InuYasha into a villain, but the inclusion of Kikyo messed that up. Maybe the Spider that made the deal with Onigumo could have left a near or soon to be dead Naraku & gone on to make a deal with someone else.

Hell if they didn't kill off Muso and just let Naraku fall apart that would have been a major change that would have been worth it.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Thanks for the heads up on this slippers! I haven't read InuYasha in a long time, but I have the majority of the manga downloaded except for the chapters released in the past year. Last part I read was where Kikyo died a couple years ago.

^ Kikyo ;_; I found out she died only a couple days ago and I finally got to read it today. Damn, that was sad.

Why didn't her soul returned to Kagome though? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Even if the show wasn't canceled I bet I can tell you the plot being Naraku's force field is upgraded for the millionth time & InuYasha has to find a new uber move for his sword.

That's basically it. Lol.

^ Kikyo ;_; I found out she died only a couple days ago and I finally got to read it today. Damn, that was sad.

Why didn't her soul returned to Kagome though? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Yeah, you'd think that kikyo's soul would return to kagome and all kikyo's uber powers would give kagome a mad power boost. Everyone else got power boosts. *shrugs*

The last power upgrade I remember seeing for Inuyasha' sword was the dragon scale tetsaigai.

Yeah, you'd think that kikyo's soul would return to kagome and all kikyo's uber powers would give kagome a mad power boost. Everyone else got power boosts. *shrugs*

True. I think the author, or whoever, was trying to separate them as a different person, since Kikyo was very interesting character, even more so than Kagome imo. Kagome did get that upgraded bow though lol.

I got a chance to watch the episode again where Kikyo was revived on CN, and Kikyo told Inuyasha that if her body dies, she will cease to exist (as it were for past 50 years lol). It's kinda weird too since they were one identity, so does that mean Kagome is still reincarnated Kikyo? I don't know, but at least Kikyo finally died peacefully without any hatred in her heart, unlike that episode where only thing she wanted to do was get revenge on Inuyasha.

The last power upgrade I remember seeing for Inuyasha' sword was the dragon scale tetsaigai.
I think mine was that diamond spears that Inuyasha can shoot out like bullets.

Diamond was the last in the show... So I'm guessing the Dragon one only appears in the Manga.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I got a chance to watch the episode again where Kikyo was revived on CN, and Kikyo told Inuyasha that if her body dies, she will cease to exist (as it were for past 50 years lol). It's kinda weird too since they were one identity, so does that mean Kagome is still reincarnated Kikyo? I don't know, but at least Kikyo finally died peacefully without any hatred in her heart, unlike that episode where only thing she wanted to do was get revenge on Inuyasha.

Kagome's body makes no sense. To begin with the sacred jewel came out of her body. How could a physical jewel reincarnate with her? Maybe the soul of the sacred jewel reincarnated into her body and like a speck of sand in a clam, her body made it into a jewel after 16 years.

:P If thats the case, then if the jewel was destroyed, it wouldn't return to kagome's body, so I guess Kikyo's soul wouldn't return to hers either? O_O Which means both Kikyo's soul and the jewel hitched a ride on her soul just to make it back into the physical world and Kagome was never the reincarnated Kikyo, but just a container for her travel from the other side? :look:

The Dragon scale one let him do a fire attack or something. :P

Kagome's body makes no sense. To begin with the sacred jewel came out of her body. How could a physical jewel reincarnate with her? Maybe the soul of the sacred jewel reincarnated into her body and like a speck of sand in a clam, her body made it into a jewel after 16 years. :P If thats the case, then if the jewel was destroyed, it wouldn't return to kagome's body, so I guess Kikyo's soul wouldn't return to hers either? O_O Which means both Kikyo's soul and the jewel hitched a ride on her soul just to make it back into the physical world and Kagome was never the reincarnated Kikyo, but just a container for her travel from the other side? :look:

That's interesting. If demons could sense the shikon jewel, in or out of the body, they would have attacked Kagome even before she went down the well. I remember an episode where Kagome was carrying a few shards of jewel in a small jar as a necklace and a mask demon from her ancestor attacked her when she returned back to her real world. So the speck of sand in a clam actually makes sense.

I think it's a plot hole making Kikyo's soul to ascend to stars. Her soul should have returned to Kagome since the jewel still existed at the time of Kikyo's 2nd death, even if her soul indeed hitch ride Kagome's. When that witch made kikyo alive again, her soul was yearning to return back to Kagome, even though the jewel was already gone from her body so there is no need to return to her. That's why Kikyo ran away from Kagome to preserve her remained soul in her new body. I think Kikyo's sister was pretty certain of that Kagome was the reincarnated soul of her sister in the early episode, which I think the creator/author forgot about, since it has been a long drawn out series. Maybe Kikyo collected too many "tainted" souls to preserve her life that weren't her souls that in the end they couldn't return to Kagome.

The Dragon scale one let him do a fire attack or something. :P
Cool. :P

I'm trying to look for in a manga where Sango finds out Kohaku remembers her. Last time I watched, Kohaku didn't want to tell Sango, only telling Kilala, because Naraku could find out and might hurt Sango for it.

That's interesting. If demons could sense the shikon jewel, in or out of the body, they would have attacked Kagome even before she went down the well. I remember an episode where Kagome was carrying a few shards of jewel in a small jar as a necklace and a mask demon from her ancestor attacked her when she returned back to her real world. So the speck of sand in a clam actually makes sense.

I think it's a plot hole making Kikyo's soul to ascend to stars. Her soul should have returned to Kagome since the jewel still existed at the time of Kikyo's 2nd death, even if her soul indeed hitch ride Kagome's. When that witch made kikyo alive again, her soul was yearning to return back to Kagome, even though the jewel was already gone from her body so there is no need to return to her. That's why Kikyo ran away from Kagome to preserve her remained soul in her new body. I think Kikyo's sister was pretty certain of that Kagome was the reincarnated soul of her sister in the early episode, which I think the creator/author forgot about, since it has been a long drawn out series. Maybe Kikyo collected too many "tainted" souls to preserve her life that weren't her souls that in the end they couldn't return to Kagome.

I'm trying to look for in a manga where Sango finds out Kohaku remembers her. Last time I watched, Kohaku didn't want to tell Sango, only telling Kilala, because Naraku could find out and might hurt Sango for it.

I bet its a plot whole too. I think the writer forgot too much of the origins to tie everything together. Being too tainted makes sense too. I thought it was weird how when kikyo died, they didn't show any of the countless souls shes been eating ascend to heaven. you'd think there'd have been hundreds of them. But instead, it's like her soul consumed them into nothingness. How nice of a priestess is that to deny hundreds of souls their afterlives?

O_O

Last I saw in the manga, Kohaku didn't care about hiding shit from Naraku anymore and was traveling with Shesshomaru and Rin. I don't know if Sango knows of his memory returning at that point or not, I'm pretty sure she did tho.

I bet its a plot whole too. I think the writer forgot too much of the origins to tie everything together. Being too tainted makes sense too. I thought it was weird how when kikyo died, they didn't show any of the countless souls shes been eating ascend to heaven. you'd think there'd have been hundreds of them. But instead, it's like her soul consumed them into nothingness. How nice of a priestess is that to deny hundreds of souls their afterlives? O_O

Lol. Yea, she was indeed evil. She used them as fuel so they had no chance. Poor bastards ^_^;

Last I saw in the manga, Kohaku didn't care about hiding shit from Naraku anymore and was traveling with Shesshomaru and Rin. I don't know if Sango knows of his memory returning at that point or not, I'm pretty sure she did tho.

Another plot hole right there. Whatever happened to "Naraku could take the shard out from him at anytime"..? Well, I gotta look for it before I judge on that one though. :P

I've noticed the past three episodes on AS has been nothing but comedic filler. It's funny, but ... oi, the whole thing with the band of seven took WAY too long. (I think it felt like forever because AS is/was only airing one new episode a week.)

I haven't seen the end, but I've been warned about it by more than one source. So, I know what to expect.

I've noticed the past three episodes on AS has been nothing but comedic filler. It's funny, but ... oi, the whole thing with the band of seven took WAY too long. (I think it felt like forever because AS is/was only airing one new episode a week.)

I haven't seen the end, but I've been warned about it by more than one source. So, I know what to expect.

:gomen:Even when you expect total suckage, it's still total suckage.

Sign in to follow this