Sledgstone

Playstation 5

^ unreal. i just read it on yahoo news. ppl cant find nintendo switch either for months. look at sweden, they dont care and news says they developed herd immunity and doing just fine. elitists are crossing the line here. even if things go back to normal today, it could take years before i ever get to play one since i wasnt even going to preorder. 👎👎

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

Not bad. I thought it was going to be $599 like the PS3 was initially. I bet with MS releasing the Xbox prices first Sony had to stay competitive.

In a kind of related note:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/krisholt/2020/04/16/sony-ps5-production-report/#28d072426685

Sony may make fewer than 6 million PlayStation 5 units in the console’s first year, according to a Bloomberg report. It’s said to have told assembly partners it’ll make between 5 and 6 million of the consoles in the fiscal year ending next March. Sony sold 7.5 million PS4 units in the first two quarters that console was available. It went on sale in November 2013.

I think Sony will purposefully gimp it's production for the first year because of the launch prices. To mitigate their loss per unit they'll say its a supply issue, but after the first year the components will drop in price and they'll start a larger production since they could make more money then. Its a gamble for them.. if we get a situation where everyone is flipping them on ebay for $700+ for the first 6+ months it'll cause alot of rage.

EDIT:

Actually I read that article a couple days ago.. looks like it might be false:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/09/sony_says_troubled_ps5_production_rumours_are_false

Interesting. If sony can pump out 11 million units then we shouldn't get any ebay flipper bs.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

6 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

Interesting. If sony can pump out 11 million units then we shouldn't get any ebay flipper bs.

There already is tho. I fell asleep last night from all the storm stuff and everything is already sold out. I guess preorders went live at midnight everywhere.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I hate ebay flippers. -_-; I'm glad I'm not in a rush to get a PS5.

When I do get a PS5 I'll be going for that $499 model with the disk drive. Its $100 more, but I figure since I don't own a 4k bluray player and they go for about that price, I can justify paying the extra for that version just for playing movies. I might just wait for a whole other version to come out with a larger hard drive too. I'm looking forward to seeing reviews of the console from actual customers after it releases to the public. Any youtubers that get free review consoles before release I'll assume have to have their review approved by sony and are basically long sponsored biased ads.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

8 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

There already is tho. I fell asleep last night from all the storm stuff and everything is already sold out. I guess preorders went live at midnight everywhere.

Actually quite a few retailers had it live after the showcase yesterday (Target, Walmart, and Best Buy all had them live shortly after. Most of the streamers I follow were getting there's shortly after. Amazon was the only real hold out and that shit went fast (especially everywhere else)).

Honestly since I'm not getting one of these until late next year at the earliest I'm not worried (no way to swing it financially this year, not with getting the Collector's Edition of Cyberpunk ($274) and pre-ordering the LE Violet Evergarden boxset + the mini-movie (which I was happy to find out was being released as well)). Happy they settled on a $499 price tag as that'll make it easier for me to get one after saving some money (I might have a job but I'm only part-time and I barely get 30 hours a week atm (at $14 an hour, fuck if that's not a kick in the balls and a non-living wage up here)).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589