DeathscytheX

TheQuartering

I skipped BFV because the devs were douches, and the game design was trash. I don't regret it... hell I even bought CODs I wasn't planning on playing months after they came out because I had the itch, but I've had zero desire to even try BFV after the beta. Now I doubt I'll ever buy a Battlefield game ever again. I can see them tampering with how effective your bullet spread is or isn't to make you want to buy something... nah. They have technology to alter your performance without you knowing they gave you a handicap or boost. Maybe this is why "netcode" has been shit for years. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

All these times they'd blame "netcode". I bet you're right. Thats some crap right there. Now it makes me wonder about all those times I'd have shot someone in the head in a perfect shot in BF1 and see no damage indicators. Those people must have had the boost going for them. Meanwhile we brush it off as lag or netcode issues. f*ck that. But the idea that they negatively affect whale's game play to increase the likely hood of them to buy upgrades doesn't make sense to me. Because I sure as hell am no whale and every time I've tried BF1 and BFV I've mostly had just shit game experiences and it makes me not want to play at all anymore. Hell, if anything, I'm so casual now I'd half expect me to roll through enemies on occasion just to give me a bit of hope that the game is still for me based on that video.. but instead I kept getting steam rolled. wtf.

I'm a big StarCraft fan for the RTS aspect, the lore and gameplay.. a first person shooter StarCraft getting canceled. That doesn't bother me. I want StarCraft 3, the RTS, not another FPS game. I'm surprised they'd make an Overwatch 2. I thought they'd just keep Overwatch expanding forever. Except maybe remove characters on occasion.. but if they did that all the people that bought skins for those characters would rage. I bet its starting to be cumbersome for them to balance all the characters they have now. Then again if they want money, what better way to get more cash than basically resetting the game and forcing everyone to buy brand new skins all over again, they just have to make brand new maps, reduce the amount of characters, change some weapons around and call it a sequel. Its worked for COD all these years.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Not commenting on the videos (not a huge fan of The Quartering but I won't let my personal opinions come in on this) but we'll never see a Starcraft 3 for the same reasons we won't see a Warcraft 4, WoW takes up way to much of their development time and Diablo is a major push right now after the Immortal fiasco (kind of the reason why we'll never see a KoToR 3 out of BioWare (besides other reasons)). Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, I thought SC2's LotV ending left little to no room for another sequel (I still haven't beaten LotV but from what I've read there really isn't anywhere to go with the story). I'd of taken a Starcraft FPS any day (hell I was one of the people fucking hyped over Ghost which got cancelled mysteriously, pissed me off). Honestly Overwatch 2 is something I'm surprised to hear about considering I didn't think Overwatch was in need of a sequel game considering how well its still doing (hell they're still adding characters, something you wouldn't do if you were concerned about the game dying or needed a sequel). Then again with Activision loosing one of their cash cows in Destiny 2 maybe they're forcing Blizzard to release games on currently successful franchises (I mean lets face it Starcraft has never been anything more than a cult hit over here (it's beyond huge in South Korea) so it was inevitable that it would get closeted again (probably for another 10 years).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Not really a spoil for SC2's LotV, but there still is technically a special zerg queen out there made by Kerrigan that was stuck in a Protoss ship heading towards Protoss space with the directive to kill them all.. I think it was stuck having to go extremely slow tho because the ships drive was damaged. I don't think that queen was even mentioned in LotV tho. My guess is that was supposed to be the tie in to a starcraft 3 set further into the future. Rogue zerg forces that threaten everything. I dunno but thats the only thing I can think of. I mean technically StarCraft 2 ended great and kinda finalized everything from StarCraft 1. Any future sequel would really be best if it introduced completely new characters after a major time skip.

It was about a battlefield type StarCraft FPS, probably being made from repurposed Ghost assets similar to how Overwatch used stuff from its failed project. It was canned in favor of putting more effort towards the next Overwatch and D4.

15 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

Not really a spoil for SC2's LotV, but there still is technically a special zerg queen out there made by Kerrigan that was stuck in a Protoss ship heading towards Protoss space with the directive to kill them all.. I think it was stuck having to go extremely slow tho because the ships drive was damaged. I don't think that queen was even mentioned in LotV tho. My guess is that was supposed to be the tie in to a starcraft 3 set further into the future. Rogue zerg forces that threaten everything. I dunno but thats the only thing I can think of. I mean technically StarCraft 2 ended great and kinda finalized everything from StarCraft 1. Any future sequel would really be best if it introduced completely new characters after a major time skip.

Still though that's kind of stretching it (I also know how the game ends, I've seen the ending on YouTube (Kerrigan becoming akin to a god or Xel'Naga and everyone going there own ways type deal), if anything I could see them bringing Kerrigan back again but even that's stretching it. I won't completely write out a 3rd game but I just don't think we'll see it anytime soon or probably no while we're still gamers. WoW is the only thing raking in money for Blizzard outside of Overwatch and while the competitive esports around SC2 are still huge it not raking in the dough. It's sad though since Starcraft and Warcraft are two of my all time favorite games (SC2 no so much, there were fun for what they were but hold nothing to the original game and expansion (kind of like how D3 is a poor mans D2)), I'd love nothing more than new RTS versions of these to come out I just don't see it happening with Activision being so set on the Games as a Service mentality that most developers/publishers have these days. No way to monetize an RTS game outside of skins for units or locking units behind pay walls (and doing that would pretty much kill the game).

A Battlefield style Starcraft FPS would of been fucking amazing (be weird though as Protoss have very little long range units to convert to soldier classes and well Zerg would be odd as fuck if they decided to make all three factions playable but the Terrans are always at each others throats so it wouldn't be like we wouldn't be lacking in that department I guess). Fucking Activision has way to much control over what Blizzard does now and its turning them into another mediocre developer like every other one working for Activision. Just look at WoW, the game is hemorrhaging players because BFA is a fucking dud of an expansion (and I'm feeling it in FFXIV with queue times now that they have nowhere to go but to FFXIV). If it wasn't for the WoW Classic beta doing great and revitalizing players Blizzard would be in trouble right now. When it fully launches Blizzard will be sitting pretty again (probably to squander all that good faith with another shitty retail expansion (not that I should talk, I'm seriously considering going back when Classic launches since I loved Vanilla WoW (then again it'll be launching right before a raid tier in FFXIV so I might not go back)).

GW2 has been picking up a shit ton of refugees. We don't have queue times, but I know its a burden on support as people with issues have reported on reddit how they get a response about a longer than normal wait time for resolutions due to a massive influx of new and returning players. I've been frolicking around starter zones playing Santa with skins and gold for shits and giggles, making some random newbie's day. I haven't really followed the whole shitstorm with BFA but I know a lot of people are disappointed with it. Must be pretty bad, I haven't seen this many low level, no title, guildless players in a long time.

All these times they'd blame "netcode". I bet you're right. Thats some crap right there. Now it makes me wonder about all those times I'd have shot someone in the head in a perfect shot in BF1 and see no damage indicators. Those people must have had the boost going for them. Meanwhile we brush it off as lag or netcode issues. f*ck that. But the idea that they negatively affect whale's game play to increase the likely hood of them to buy upgrades doesn't make sense to me. Because I sure as hell am no whale and every time I've tried BF1 and BFV I've mostly had just shit game experiences and it makes me not want to play at all anymore. Hell, if anything, I'm so casual now I'd half expect me to roll through enemies on occasion just to give me a bit of hope that the game is still for me based on that video.. but instead I kept getting steam rolled. wtf.

I have no doubt Activision has a similar technology to keep you from being "too good" and getting stuff for free. Its one of the reasons I stopped playing Overwatch as much as I loved that game. My squad doesn't really play it anymore so its more problematic solo. They're dedication to a 50% w/l ratio for everyone is frustrating at times, especially when the game has gathered a ton of historical data on frequent players. Playing with just 3-4 friends, after a while we'd get put up against well organized 5 and 6 stacks constantly to make up for all the wins we got. Playing by my myself I'd get put with the most incompetent people possible at times, and I played healer 90% of the rounds I ran. I'd get a team full of people that ran away from heals to do their own thing and die, or people that thought they were invincible as I was healing them and got killed, then I get get put on a team of decent people that stayed with me, got heals, coordinated ults at the right time, etc.... after a few wins, it was back to idiots. People can say "skill based" match making is healthy for the game... I just think its a way to limit your currency/xp bar progress to get free boxes. If MW2 had loot boxes back in the day, they'd been raining all over my face with how consistently I could win matches.

Oh they even tuned it to each map. If a control map had even a 55% victory rate for defense or offense, they'd change cap speeds and other aspects of the map to get it to within a 1-2% margin. It totally takes the "fun" or sense of accomplishment out of "bad maps". I remember in MW1, Bog was the most lopsided map for whoever started out on the side opposite of the bus graveyard. It was a terrible map because the enemy team could just pin you down in all the choke points as you were just in a big kill box. There was a path to the side a lot of people didn't pay attention to except a few campers. If you're aim was good enough or you could get lucky/ knowledgeable enough where to blind throw the nade over the building, you could clear the path, get behind, and flip the spawn to where your team starts spawning on the good side. XD It was such a good feeling, because once you did that, you're team was in the know and guarded the hell out of that path so the other team wouldn't be able to take it back. If they were disorganized, they'd just funnel through the door in panic mode and get mowed down to defeat trying to flip the spawn again.

Not surprising. None of the trailers did it for me. Sophie Turner is a uninspiring actor, shes too stoic, stiff... I don't know what it is. I didn't like her in GoT, and I didn't like her in Apocalypse. As a centerpiece of a film, I knew it wouldn't work. X-Men has always been a B series for me, only propped up by mega stars at the start. The scripts were never that great. Days of Future Past was probably the only film I found to be excellent, excluding Logan which was outstanding. James McAvoy  and Michael Fassbender are well above everyone else in the young cast.

Deadpool will be the best "X-Men" movies from here on out. Which is crazy how X-Men side story/alternate universe movies are better than actual X-Men films.

I didn't watch his video about this, but I can tell you why I think this movie will suck based just off the trailer. For me it was this last scene from X-Men Apocalypse:

x-men_apocalypse_costume.thumb.jpg.b8abb6dc06a534739dd7b543febd3704.jpg

When I saw this I thought to myself.. FINALLY! Fox has learned from Marvel. They can actually put the characters in their actual costumes and make it work! and then the Dark Phoenix trailer comes out.. guess what everyone is wearing again... generic matching costumes... again.

x-men_dark_phoenix_costume.thumb.jpg.594df5424795453bb65cda18b0e30650.jpg

As soon as I saw this I lost all interest in this movie. That and its the Dark Phoenix saga.. again. Fox literally made this movie again. Except now with a different cast. And the trailer showed no aliens, no spaceship battles.. nothing of interest. And if their budget is so strapped they can't afford decent costumes, then theres no way they were going to do this movie any justice.

XD I guess I got so use to them never being in costume that i didn't care. I mean they look like they're all wearing a party city Halloween consume of one of Jean Grey's comic variations. Sophie has a small frame and it looks like she's wearing football pads under her top in the top pic. Everyone else's outfit fits great except hers. Shes just a bad actor. Shes got the same facial expression and tone in everything she does. And when she does interviews shes a different person entirely so its not her personality. Shes just not good at acting.

I stopped watching EC when they approved of stereotyping perverts as people running around in public in their underwear.

*Edit* EC sticks to their opinion.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

It's a god damn tragedy. Waking up to news of this was not how I ever wanted to start my day. KyoAni is responsible for the majority of my top 20 anime and it gave the world the masterpiece that is Violet Evergarden. Such horrific news and I hope the asshole responsible for this is tried to the maximum extent of the Japanese legal system (I'd prefer he burn for this but that won't happen). 33 wonderfully talented people dead because one man had a grudge against the studio. My thoughts and heart goes out to the survivors and the families that lost loved ones.

For once I actually have to give Jeremy props for a video, this was very tasteful and very well done.

Edited by Strider Hiryu
Apparently I can't spell

Maybe its just me, but over the last month I've realized I don't like the quartering anymore. I unsubscribed from him the other day. I first started following him because of his coverage of video games, but all he does now is make endless hate videos about whatever people are complaining about for the day.. and an abundance of them. Like every video has "woke", "feminism", "woke" again, etc. Or its a video about shaming somebody or some company, usually a female. And it feels like its all click bait topics about white male's being repressed or reverse racism without calling it that. I'm not entirely sure who his target audience is anymore.

Yeah, his subject matter is pretty much covering the politicization of films and games now. Or more notably websites like Kotaku and VG274 which is blatantly obvious. I left Kotaku for VG247 years ago but now all they do is opinion pieces. "Playing this made me sad" like IDGAF.

TBH though, Youtube is in a bad place. Gaming sites and news sites in general have taken notice how people don't rely on them anymore and rather go watch a video on YT. So now they've been writing hit pieces on "outrage" videos which include The Quartering, YongYea, Jim Sterling, Angry Joe, etc. YT has also started changing rules that will go into effect soon which are aimed at limiting content creators ability to criticize said sites or each other. He does devote too much time to his twitter wars these days. But YT reaction videos may become a thing of the past soon when people can't make money off of them anymore. It'll just be a bunch of Pre BFV Westies and Pre Infinite Warfare Drift0rs hyping up games and praising them nonstop no matter how shit they are.

Yeah, I just want video game news with some research done with decent production quality. YongYea and Jim Sterling are the only youtubers that I actually trust for actual news. I may not agree with some of their more opinionated segments if they don't conicide with my own, but its nice to hear someone else's view on a subject to take into consideration.. overall they make good quality news videos. The Quartering now comes across as an entitled white man that is complaining about his privileges being stripped away from popular media. I don't follow him on twitter, but he reminds me a bit of Trump in terms of how he portrays his opinions as in Negative attention = attention. As long as you have attention (of any kind, especially negative attention that gets more views), headlines and click bait, he'll always have a following. I don't know if he has a patreon like YongYea or Sterling, maybe he doesn't and thats why he needs to throw out so many endless opinion videos so he can keep racking up views for youtube cash.

In terms of youtube as a whole. I don't trust any video that is building up hype for a game because all those youtubers are being paid for the hype. I stopped pre-ordering games years ago and this video really emphasizes it.

Its a shame this video has so few views. I watched it earlier this year and forgot to share it. After watching this, and then going back through videos of popular game channels like Westie, Jackfrags, etc. You can see the hype videos leading up to the release of the game. Nothing but good things are said.. because they can only say good things to use the footage and access they were given. After whatever game came out, whether it be BF1 or BFV for example you can see where critisism videos start up because then they are allowed to post whatever videos they want because the game was released. I can guarantee the same bribery happened with Mass Effect Andromeda, Anthem, Destiny, etc. and all their respective youtubers that focus on those games.

Eh from the outside it may seem like that, but really he's a troller of trolls. Its not really worth looking into, but without it ,it looks like hes just harassing females. The last one was some woman that paints her tits on twitch for a paid sub, and she was criticizing some women dancing on a stage at E3 for exploiting sexuality. It really affects no one, but he seems to pump out 3-4 videos a day just to make money. I still like his commentary on shitty business practices. But I do see where he is coming from on SJW bashing. Its one thing to have diversity, but we've gotten to a point where at times it does feel it "white males bad". At that point it's not diversity anymore. For instance when Tilda Swinton got picked for the Ancient One in Doctor Strange, there was all this "white washing" outrage how she was supposed to be Asian, but you're a racist to even think that Starfire or Ariel should be "white" because of the original source material. It shouldn't matter either way, but I'm sick of hearing about white washing and toxic masculinity. I mean shit they were even complaining about Hooper on Stranger Things this season. The whole thing is dumb. I get enough political crap on news feeds daily, I dont need it in my entertainment. 

I've watched some recent Jackfrags, Levelcap, and Westie videos and they sound completely deflated with BFV. Its really bad. Dritf0r stopped playing COD altogether despite covering it still. These companies have juiced their biggest hype men for all their worth. I even watched Nike get down on GW2 yesterday. I think were nearing a much needed crash or turning point. It may be a few years off still, but there will be some type of change. Whether it will be a good one will remain to be seen. There isnt a lot of goodwill out there between consumers and publishers right now.