DeathscytheX

The Last of Us Part II

Oof, like 2 months before PS5 is rumored to come out. With full backwards compatibility it shouldn't be an issue... but here is to hoping that some of these final PS4 games get free texture package upgrades like Gearbox did for Borderlands 2 on PS4/XB1. With backwards compatibility the whole 'remastered' reselling of last gen hits would feel more like an insult than is already was.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I never pre-order or buy games on launch anymore, but this will be the exception. I need this game. :D And I'm glad its not getting some bullshit "oh its really for PS5 now exclusively" because I don't know when I'll buy a PS5, but I wont be buying that at launch.

BTW, Last of Us is free with PS+ next month. If you haven't played it yet, I highly highly recommend it. If you do play it, one bit of advice, clickers will always one hit instant kill unless you have a shiv or shoot it from distance. Melee or try to strangle one of those and you will always die. Took me a while to figure that out. x_x You can technically stealth the entire game or go hard core guns blazing if you have the ammo.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I watched YongYea and TheQuartering's videos on this. I saw the spoilers, and rolled my eyes. Its woke AF, but whatever, that not really the issue. the problem like with SuzyLu is that they're striking videos that have zero spoilers in them, they're just talking about the situation. NaughtyDog is being a huge asshole about it. I didn't play the first since it kinda came out near or after PS4's launch and kinda got lost on me, I was on the fence whether I was going to get it or not, but I doubt I will. Cyberpunk 2077 is where my money is going later this year. I'm mostly done with these Devs that wanna be woke, and bow to ResetEra and Gamergate BS. They don't even play these games.

The demise of BFV is the best thing that's happened this generation. Naughty Dog would be wise not to do some similar dumb shit.

^_^; i have two copies of first one (forgot i had one and bought it again several years later). my mistake was watching the full gameplay first on YT so when i tried to play, it was kinda turn off for me because i already know the ending and i wanted to finish red dead 2 so i never touched it again. but the storyline was amazing. i watched it as if it was a movie and it was very intense especially towards the end. thats why i had somewhat high hopes for this sequel and wanted to play this time but thats down the drain. oh well. im waiting for ghost of tsushima and killing my time right now playing ff7 original so ill get over it. 

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

I'm avoiding the spoilers. Lol. I want to go into the game blind and experience it first hand. Regardless of if it's a good game or not, just because of this leak and the resulting yt video strikes they are pretty much guaranteed that everyone will now make a negative review video for the game once it releases regardless of gameplay or plot because that's what youtube does whenever a dev wants content taken offline. I still doubt the game will come out this year. Because of the endless delays they got the game delisted almost a month ago and all digital preorders were refunded. Now they have a release date in June just to get preorders started back up and then this all happened. They have mismanaged this game hard. I expect they'll miss the June release and delay again until September.

I knew about the plot because big game sites started posting about it in the headline before the super major leaks started. I don't know what the first game was about outside of the obvious, but the story of the second game seems out of line with the original... and the obvious cliche to turn to with post apocalyptic settings of any type after so long. If Naughty Dog would have just stuck with their statement and not struck down videos, it wouldn't have been so much of an issue. The fact that they've done what they've done is just going to encourage more trolls to post spoilers everywhere and make it worse.

At this point they'd be wise just to delay it into the PS5 launch and let things blow over. All the YTers are going to be ready to dunk on it. Even if the country is reopened by next month, people still will have to find new jobs, and even those that will have one instantly, I'd imagine buying video games isn't on the top of the priority list. Any kind of lacking in sales is going to cause a social media field day.

2 hours ago, slippers said:

^ you have to be on your guard 24/7 lol bc i was randomly watching unrelated YT video today and read buncha spoiler comments without any warnings. O_o and its not so much about gameplay fans are mad about, well you'll see. :| 

Thanks for the heads up, I was having the same issue last week while play FF7, every other random video that started playing next was.. "FF7 remake spoilers, theres your warning..." and I had to quickly cancel the video. wtf.

Its looks great to me. Its a shame about that leak, I can't even look at youtube comments anymore because the gaming community loves to be trolls that all jump on a hate bandwagon together like they're a political movement. -_-; I swear, its like, if you don't agree with the hate mob, they'll make sure to ruin any enjoyment you might have in something just to continue their hate cycle.

Hell, if this comment I made right now was on reddit, it'd have 9000 downvotes within an hour and 200 comments telling me how I'm the dick for generalizing the gaming community and everyone else would post every spoiler they read about and why the game is a failure and naughty dog should die as a company. XD

i didnt realize this game was out already. YT recommended to me of that infamous "cutscene" so i just got done watching. man..thats just wrong. i know i only played a couple hours of 1st game but it was really upsetting. im glad i didnt invest any more of my time in this game series especially to those two beloved main characters otherwise i would have threw my ps4 out the window in anger lol. its really too bad. graphic and gameplay looked fantastic. so much potential if had their story done right.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

We finished the game today. And avoided all the spoilers to. :D

This game was emotional as hell. Brutal as f*ck and extreme violence. Some parts are uncomfortable and other scenes can be downright disturbing.. I was confused initially as to why the game would switch over to playing as Abby for roughly half the game, but playing through the entire game puts it all into perspective. And damn if it wasn't depressing by the end. The game mechanics were great, same with the characters and plot.

Sometimes a good song will give you that happy feeling but sometimes a good song will make you depressed and cry.. this game is like that depressing song you know will make you cry but you still listen to it. It's got this sadness and violence combo that is unique. An experience I have not felt from any other game. Well done Naughty Dog. You have to have played the first game and it's DLC to fully understand the motivations of the characters and the ensuing depression that follows.

I still haven't watched any of the hate videos that filled up YouTube for clickbait and anger spreading, I'll watch some reviews from Jim Sterling and others now that I've seen it through.

Btw, I'm sure there's alot of people saying it's woke, but Ellie has been a lesbian since the original game came out on PS3.

Also for a game that got review bombed its actually selling copies faster than God of War. 😮

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/26/the-last-of-us-part-ii-sells-more-than-4-million-copies/

Spoilers about some harsh scenes:

Spoiler

God damn watching Joel get killed was brutal. :( Ellie was broken after that. The PTSD was intense and set the stage for the remainder of the game.

I did not like killing dogs, I had to tell myself they were hell hounds to get through it.. but if you didn't kill the dogs, they'd viciously kill the f*ck out of you. X_x what was really sad was one dog you had to kill no matter what and later in the game when playing as Abby you play with that dog and even throw toys for her. Ellie killed that dog and Abby's friends, seeing the results through Abby's perspective was harsh.

Joel killed alot of people in that first game and seeing that final scene from Abby's eyes and knowing Joel killed her dad.. damn. I loved Joel but I will say tho.. he was a murderer and even Ellie said at one point after his death "he wronged alot of people."

It makes me think now of the Uncharted games. Nathan Drake murdered a shit ton of people too and faced no consequences for all that murder.

Rotflmao! XD

That video is spot on. XD and that woman Abby, really is that buff. XD

I honestly would have liked a different story for the sequel. It could have gone very differently and been a much better game. I would have loved to have seen the sequel be a continuation of the firefly fighting and a potentially new character that was also immune and a fight against opposing sides fighting for control of a vaccine.. instead we got a depressing revenge story. I enjoyed the game for what it is but there's so many other ways they could have continued the story to further the overall plot with a setup for future sequels.

Maybe its good this way. Some series fall flat as more games are made. Despite what people say about Mass Effect 3's ending. It personally didn't bother me. Was it the best? no, the ending of the first game that I chose was the absolute best. XD Nothing will ever top that for me. I don't have any emotional investment into these games, but I probably would have been pissed if I did. A lot of people on my facebook feed seem to feel the same. It also could be that MGS2 effect. While the game wasn't bad, people were mad that you weren't Snake anymore, and its regarded as the worst MGS of the series.

If anyone cares to know why I loved my ME1 ending tho

Spoiler

I let the council's ship get destroyed and appointed an all human council. Apparently BioWare kinda wrote themselves in a corner with this choice. I don't think they planned on a lot of people picking it, and in later games the council was still mixed species. But fuck it, everyone was giving me shit for being human the entire game. So I was a total racist the whole time to every non-human outside of my crew, and finished with that coup de grâce. XD

I beat Last of Us Part 2 a couple weeks ago. My opinion from watching Lady play it compared to my playthrough hasn't really changed. I will say though the combat is the real highlight of the game. When I got close to the halfway point of the game I realized I was playing stealth way too much and it was going too slow. Once I started running and gunning the game got so much more enjoyable. That was my fault for going too much stealth though, I was on I think normal difficulty but there really was a good amount of ammo and resources, especially with all the searching I did. Exploding arrows, rifle, molotovs, hunting pistol and pipe bombs where the best weapons in this game. Once I upgraded the damage for everything I realized after accidentally shooting someone's leg right off their body, the rifle and hunting pistols were beastly guns. After that I stopped going for most headshots and started aiming at legs for one hit kills as I blew everyones legs right off. They'd scream and bleed out. Very brutal. But the explosives.. holy hell.. the graphics and effects in this game... Limbs flying around and parts exploding, etc.. that looked like realistic damage someone would take from an explosion, so much blood. Eventually graphics are going to get so good it'll look like real people getting exploded. x_x