DeathscytheX

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Ewww.. instead of a message in a bottle, it was a message in a human. Was that a mini-metal gear at the end?

Ewww.. They ripped off Fifth Element... Although that was a message in an alien instead of a human.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

It was announced back in June that Kiefer Sutherland was going to replace David Hayter and become the new voice actor for Snake in Metal Gear Solid V... now we get the chance to hear him for ourselves:

Not bad, but I'll miss David Hayter.

Source: Konami.jp

This post has been promoted to an article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I think it makes sense. The only reason they used Hayter in MGS3 was to hide the fact that you were really playing as Big Boss until well into the game. In MGS 4, Big Boss had a different voice than Snake, so naturally it wouldn't make since that they both talk exactly the same. From the small sample here, Sutherland seems to keep the spirit and mannerisms of snake, and at the same time deliverers a voice that makes it seem like Boss' voice has mellowed a bit but still has a hint of Hayter's rasp.

Also, is that young Colonel i hear?

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The Timeline goes:

MGS3 Snake Eater, MGS5 The Phantom Pain, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, MGS, MGS2 Sons of Liberty, MGS4 Guns of the Patriots, Metal Gear Rising.

I left out all the vita games and Snakes Revenge which Kojima had no part in.

Lmao. I felt the same way. After MGS2 I no longer had any interest in Raiden. I remember when I bet MGS2, I kept thinking, "I wonder whats next after this stupid oil plant.. maybe I'll finally get to play as Snake again.." Game Over.. wtf!? No Snake!!! SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE! >_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O_kg6EqcRA XD

Here is a watered down "gist of it" spoiler why there will probably never be a game that takes place in the timeline after MGS4, but it might be touched on in MGS5 and spoil MGS4's ending altogether to anyways. lol

Nevermind that snake has hyper aged as a side effect of FOXDIE, after the final fight with Liquid Ocelot, he reveals that he's just plain ole Ocelot, and Liquid's arm never possessed him. Without giving it all away, basically you've unknowingly been the puppet villain the entire time (from MGS1-4), while Ocelot has been trying to stop your exploits and save the world from chaos. The way I said it may make it seem a bit lame because he states it more metaphorically without saying you've been the bad guy the whole time, but this final revelation before the ending of the game is quite brilliant and a mind fuck.

Oh what the hell. lmao. That kind of an ending doesn't surprise me. The metal gear games always have some crazy ass plot twists. I still think the original MGS was the best in terms of plot and story and Metal Gear for NES was the most difficult.. The new Phantom Pain looks like it'll be the best game quality tho.

Whats so epic about it, is you look back at all the bosses you fought, the conversations you had with them, and think... we're they really that bad? :P

Yeah, it definitely looks like the best gameplay we've seen from MGS. It looks to me like Red Dead Redemption infused with MGS.. and that is a huge plus. Red Dead's open world was awesome.. add in MGS stealth and other aspects, and its like a superband of gaming. lol. What I've noticed is that baddies drop weapons.. so I am wondering if we are going away from the set weapons inventory to a pick up weapon inventory where you can only have 1 assault rifle and 1 pistol ala Spec Ops: The Line... or maybe a set number of weapons like 3-4 ala Borderlands, except you don't have a weapons cache, you have to decide to either keep or drop.

I hated that about Borderlands at first. I like hording weapons and inventory in all games and Borderlands forced me to deal with my hording issues head on. lol. I'd get a new assault rifle and then I'd have to decide if it was better than the other one I had.. but I liked the scope on the old one better.. etc.. I would spend 5 minutes figuring out which one I liked better before finally dropping a gun.. then 3 minutes later I find 4 more weapons and end up getting rid of that assault rifle I just decided to keep.. and then 5 more minutes later I'd get a new sniper rifle and I'd have to drop a good pistol for the space. The game was stressful for me just because of limited inventory. ^_^; I think borderlands has helped me tho.. lol. I'm not nearly as bad at inventory hording now. :P

The bosses and their conversations were usually fine.. but what always annoyed me on the metal gear games is the amount of pointless dialogue. It felt like every minute or 2 the action would be completely interrupted so Snake could discuss random things.

I hated that about Borderlands at first. I like hording weapons and inventory in all games and Borderlands forced me to deal with my hording issues head on. lol. I'd get a new assault rifle and then I'd have to decide if it was better than the other one I had.. but I liked the scope on the old one better.. etc.. I would spend 5 minutes figuring out which one I liked better before finally dropping a gun.. then 3 minutes later I find 4 more weapons and end up getting rid of that assault rifle I just decided to keep.. and then 5 more minutes later I'd get a new sniper rifle and I'd have to drop a good pistol for the space. The game was stressful for me just because of limited inventory. ^_^; I think borderlands has helped me tho.. lol. I'm not nearly as bad at inventory hording now. :P

Haven't you played Diablo or Torchlight? XD

BL2 gives you a nice big vault to horde in, plus a small 4 slot vault that is shared with all your characters you create. ;)