The improvements they are making to IPB look really great. Some of the highlights for me:
Embeds will always work. Now that is a huge difference.
Drag and drop images right into the editor. I've been waiting for this feature. No more having to click attach and then navigate to the right folder where your image is.. just drag it right into the editor.
This is a big change and I hope they pull it off correctly. All our custom bbcodes will be negated. But the only custom bbcode we actually use is the spoiler tag, which will now be a default feature. All other custom bbcodes will now have to be created as CKEditor plugins.. but there are already a lot of ckeditor plugins available. So I could technically add a variety of new editor features.
Very very nice. I like this.
Good! No more having to click the load saved content option. Simplifying this will make the auto save much better.
Oh! and the editor will now be fully skin-able! The editor won't have to be glaring white on a dark theme anymore.
Also, the current skins that we use are going to be upgraded for IPB 4.0. We won't have to change the entire look of the site.
Anyone else in the path of these Cicadas? Just a few of these are annoying, but with this brood we're going to experience as many as 1 billion per square mile. This will be insanely loud times a few million:
2) To see if your post is still saved. Go back to that topic and load the editor at the bottom of the page. Do not start typing anything! First, check to see if you have "Auto Saved Content", if you do, then you should be ok. Click on the link that is circled in the image.
3) Once you click on the link, you'll see the content has been saved. Once you click "Restore Content" you will see your post has been restored and you can continue where you left off.
Next, I will explain how to change your secondary color and wallpaper. The secondary color is mostly visible in the Light theme, but it does show some changes if used along with a partially transparent wallpaper.
1) Click the tools at the bottom right corner of the screen.
2) It will pop up the color and wallpaper selections.
3) If you click the top part with the hand you will get a color selector. Try some different colors or put in the hex code of the color you want. You can also select some different wallpaper tiles.
4) Lets say you uploaded a wallpaper to our "Random Wallpapers" gallery or you would like to use a wallpaper that has already been uploaded by someone else. Go to the image you want to use and right click on the image. As you will see in this pic, the default windows right click menu shows up, but so does our gallery right click menu. You will want to click on the gallery menu to see it.
5) You will now want to right click on "Direct link to this image file" and then click "Copy Link Location"
6) Now go back to your skin tool menu and right click and paste the link to the wallpaper into the custom background area and then click on "Change"
7) Now that you are done, click on the tools again to close the menu.
8) And thats it!