The gallery has been a bit underused over the past year and it might have to do with the fact that I never increased the gallery upload amounts since my initial testing of it. If thats not the case, then oh well, I increased the limits!
AC Elite members can now upload 100 MB of images. The max file size of uploaded images are now 4 MB per image. If you have pictures over 4 MB, the server will deny the upload because I don't have any software in place to auto shrink down an image.
Regular members can now upload 20 MB of images with a max file size of 2 MB per image.
Feel free to upload images to whatever category you have access to as long as the image actually belongs in it. For example, you have a good walking dead image, post it in that gallery if you want to. You can also make your own albums and upload whatever images you want to share.
You can have public, friends only or private galleries. But keep in mind, only upload appropriate images. No vulgar, offensive, etc. images. Also, private albums aren't necessarily private as administrators can access them.
The gallery albums are very useful if you want to upload your own smilies or other images. Once you upload an image to your own galleries, you can click the "My Media" link anywhere on the site where you can make a comment and click to add any image you have previously uploaded to your posts.
The updated skin now has a speed option. This little rocket in the image will allow you to switch between normal and performance modes. Performance mode will disable the slider at the top of the articles and strip away some other settings. This will be good for anyone running an older computer / windows xp, or if you just want it to load faster on any system.
Also, the site may seem a bit sluggish for the next couple days as I had to clear all the caches after the upgrade. Once the caches build back up, the speed will improve.
2) To see if your post is still saved. Go back to that topic and load the editor at the bottom of the page. Do not start typing anything! First, check to see if you have "Auto Saved Content", if you do, then you should be ok. Click on the link that is circled in the image.
3) Once you click on the link, you'll see the content has been saved. Once you click "Restore Content" you will see your post has been restored and you can continue where you left off.
Next, I will explain how to change your secondary color and wallpaper. The secondary color is mostly visible in the Light theme, but it does show some changes if used along with a partially transparent wallpaper.
1) Click the tools at the bottom right corner of the screen.
2) It will pop up the color and wallpaper selections.
3) If you click the top part with the hand you will get a color selector. Try some different colors or put in the hex code of the color you want. You can also select some different wallpaper tiles.
4) Lets say you uploaded a wallpaper to our "Random Wallpapers" gallery or you would like to use a wallpaper that has already been uploaded by someone else. Go to the image you want to use and right click on the image. As you will see in this pic, the default windows right click menu shows up, but so does our gallery right click menu. You will want to click on the gallery menu to see it.
5) You will now want to right click on "Direct link to this image file" and then click "Copy Link Location"
6) Now go back to your skin tool menu and right click and paste the link to the wallpaper into the custom background area and then click on "Change"
7) Now that you are done, click on the tools again to close the menu.
8) And thats it!