DeathscytheX

Destiny 2

130 posts in this topic

Invective would probably be as useless as Fighting Lion in the energy slot. The appeal would be there regenerating power ammo. Yeah their capacities would be nerfed, but I'd rather have that than a damage nerf. Shotguns are pretty shit in PvE as it is compared to RLs, Swords, and Fusion Rifles... Sniper Rifles too... you're right, they don't belong in the power slot at all because they just arent as effective. They could do a cleanse thorn quest where you couldn't use it at all until it turned back into Rose. You're also right about Hand Cannons, they are pretty shit in D2 PvP... actually outside of Sunshot and Better Devils, HC are shit in general. I'd take The Last Word back at this point. I do miss that gun as wacky as it was with the hip fire.

dvabanner.png

I can guarantee you Bungie won't leave the regenerating ammo perk on the weapons if they stay power weapons due to how OP it is, which is why I feel they should be regulated to energy weapons (yea a damage nerf but it's honestly not as much as people think it is. They still do damn good damage to enemies that don't have shields). Bungie has always been very unforgiving with Power/Heavy ammo and allowing a weapon into that slot that allows ammo regeneration will break their "finely tuned balance". Its the reason why both IB and Invective saw nerfs to their regeneration capabilities in D1.

Thorn will be Thorn, I highly doubt they'll change it's mechanics besides maybe nerfing the DoT if it's too much (that is if it even is the Thorn, remember Hive weapons all look the same for the most part (sorry Hive themed weapons) and this could be a sister gun to the original Thorn. Just because it shares the silhouette does not guarantee that it's Thorn).

Fuck I'd kill for Last Word to come back. That was my favorite HC in D1 outside of whatever the Legendary one I was using when I quit playing (I don't remember, I think it was the Queen's HC).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

The Last Word would actually be viable in the autorifle/MIDA meta. I'd love to have Red Death on my hunter, just because my recovery is pure shit. Its annoying as hell to find recovery armor for Hunters. Mobility is the most useless shit stat. Bungie needs to rework that whole thing where classes are pigeon holed into those 3 categories because hunters got the shit end of the stick. My Warlock is maxed at 10, and my Titan is at 7. My Hunter is at like 3 or 4 and is miserable trying to stay alive or fight with low health in "oh shit" situations. It feels like an eternity before it starts to regen.

dvabanner.png