Myk JL

PS Plus Games

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:33 AM, Sledgstone said:

Last of Us is amazing.

I'm surprised there isn't a uproar over the fact that it was already given away with the original PS4.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Its a good lineup, but I've owned the Bioshock collection for a couple years now and only played the 3rd one for about an hour and forgot to go back to it. Its in the backlog that I'll get to eventually. Lady plays the hell out of Sims 4 on her laptop, but she has most expansions.. but this might have us competing for time with the PS4 if she likes the controller interface. lol.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Much better than the free games for May. I do recommend playing the Battlefront 2 campaign. It was enjoyable. Make sure to get the free campaign DLC to finish it. I can't remember if it auto downloads with the game at this point or if you have to manually tell it to download from the menu. Its basically an epilogue mission at the end that ties in to the events of one of the movies.

And I've been told the Call of Duty WWII campaign was good. I'll have to try that after I get caught up on GW2.

Shadow of the tomb raider was a beautiful game. It wasn't as good as the first 2, not as much combat and hunting sucked, but it was decent. You don't need to play the first 2 games to get into it since the game catches you up pretty quick. It's a good game for exploring and doing non combat tomb puzzle challenges.

Well, the Playstation app was giving me crap earlier, so I added the free games through their website:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/this-month-on-ps-plus/

Turns out you can also get a free Tiger skin evolution dlc for Maneater with this link.. which for some reason isn't shown as dlc from the actual Maneater store page:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0115-CUSA14519_00-TGRSKN0000000000

It's not that shocking honestly, they're trying to get more eyes on the product now that Integrade has been announced and what better way to do it then to offer it for free to everyone even remotely interested in it that couldn't afford to buy it. Plus this starts drumming up hype for the PS5 version.  If I didn't have such a dislike for the story and characters of VII I'd download it (also doesn't help that I despise action based combat in RPGs) but as it stands only Remnant is piquing my interest this time around.

Quick note: Free version does not allow the upgrade to the PS5 version https://www.vg247.com/2021/02/26/final-fantasy-7-remake-ps4-ps-plus-ps5-upgrade/

Edited by Strider Hiryu
Clarification and link to non-upgradeable free version

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Interesting. I find that a bit whacky on Sony's part. Their online store is horrible now ever since they revamped it for the PS5. But even before the website changes, whenever I had a free ps+ game it never gives me the option to buy it digital again. It just says "download from library." So if someone gets the ps4 free version of FF7 but then the digital version goes on sale for $30 or less with the free ps5 upgrade, they are now locked out from buying it and their only option to get the ps5 version is to now buy the ps5 version at full price. Seems like a dick move by Sony to get more money out of people.

Yes and no. I mean it kinda fucks over Square-Enix since they get no actual money from the free version since Sony is literally comping the cost due to our PS+ memberships and allowing a free upgrade to the PS5 version with no actual sale having taken place would be Sony saying fuck you to it's biggest money making publisher/developer. I mean I'm pretty sure there's going to be a ton of people who download it without knowing this who are going to be up in arms but not much you can do about it unless Square gives the go ahead for it (which is surprising they don't but my eyes are clouded due to my love for the FFXIV dev team and how much they do for their players).

The other work around is to buy the physical version of the PS4 copy but that will still require you to have a disc version of the PS5 to even play the upgraded version.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Heres an odd thing... When logged into my PSN account, I don't even have the option to buy the PS5 version and it has no information about a downloadable PS5 version for existing PS4 digital version owners or any info about buying the new DLC separate.

ff7_psn_store_01.thumb.jpg.271bd02a8d4b6b50c544f22090dfb622.jpg

ff7_psn_store_02.thumb.jpg.8c45398f55ee18ab0a9af451cc17518e.jpg

I'm guessing they'll add the standalone game and separate DLC as two different purchase options soon and it'll update my account showing that I own the PS5 version and how to buy the DLC. They probably have this "Not available for purchase" as a prevention so they don't have to issue a bunch of refunds for purchasing a game twice at full price.

I'm having a problem where my PS+ Membership shouldn't be expired until months from now yet the website says I have no subscriptions.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.