Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Stargate - The Ark of Truth

http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Ark-Truth-Ben-Browder/dp/B0010YSD7M/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1204315512&sr=8-1

Well, we all thought the series finale sucked ass, so it looks like scifi is making up for it. 1 1/2 hour straight to dvd movie that takes place after the end of Stargate SG1. Looks like that other stargate movie that is being made will be a straight to dvd release also. I'm just glad they're not letting the show end on such a shit note anymore.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I completely forgot to reply to this after watching it about a month or so ago.

The special effects were good and the plot resumed slightly after where the series left off which was also good. But overall the movie seemed like it was missing something. It didn't feel like a movie, instead it was like a long episode. The Ori plot line was wrapped up, but they should have put more into the battles with the Ori and not brought back and old enemy.

The replicators were a great enemy, but they've been done to death now. I can understand how the replicators could take out the Ori ships, but at the same time they'd never be able to take out the replicators again, especially if the replicators take over their primary ship with all the asgard goods on it. It just seemed completely stupid for the IOA or whoever the hell came up with the plan to even consider them as a weapon to take out their enemies with.

BTW, Teal'c was awesome in the movie. Teal'c FTW!

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I completely agree. There was so much more that they could have done fighting off with the Ori rather than bringing back you know who. I never truly liked the Ori for the soul purpose that they were pretty much untouchable throughout the entire series until they received massive tech boost via Asgard's and Merlin's weapon. I liked the Goa'uld, because though they were high tech they could still be defeated. I'm surprised that Stargate would invest in building starships like the Prometheus without putting up a single space defense platform in orbit. That spells negligence.

I still missed the whole reference to King Arthur being reborn. They did a couple episodes revolving around this concept leading us to believe that Vala's daughter Aria (sp?)would be the reincarnated female King Arthur. I was sorely disappointed with that turn of events, because I envisioned her to be on the side of good at first. Instead we get "King Arthur" fighting Morgan De Fay on the reverse sides. Anyone else want to take a stab at explaining that twist?

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Sign in to follow this