Sledgstone

Steam will no longer support legacy Windows PCs

Steam will be ending support for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 PCs. If you don't have at least Windows 10 by January 1, 2024 you will not be able to access and play your games on Steam.

“As of January 1 2024, Steam will officially stop supporting the Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 operating systems. After that date, the Steam Client will no longer run on those versions of Windows. In order to continue running Steam and any games or other products purchased through Steam, users will need to update to a more recent version of Windows.”

https://sea.ign.com/steam/197393/news/about-3-percent-of-steam-users-will-lose-access-to-their-library

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

This makes me wonder if Steam will be removing games if they can't run on Windows 10 or newer.

I'm still mad about Windows 10 not being forever since I have the urge to run my current Tower Desktop until then.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

It's important to stay updated with the latest operating system requirements for Steam. Transitioning to Windows 10 by January 1, 2024, seems necessary to continue accessing and playing your games on the platform. Upgrading to Windows 10 offers benefits such as improved performance, security updates, and compatibility with the latest software. Consider checking the system requirements for any other software you rely on to ensure a smooth transition and uninterrupted gaming experience.