Myk JL

PS Plus Games

Just to keep better track of Games available through PS Plus when discussing them.

December of this month.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/28/playstation-plus-december-preview/

Kind of a Downer there isn't even 1 free PS4 game, but hopefully there will be enough outcry for Sony to reconsider that.

Being Released tomorrow for PS Plus.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/02/ps-plus-grid-2-free-for-ps-plus-members/

I've never played Grid before & to a certain extent I wish they were giving Midnight Club LA.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

The problem is that there aren't any ps4 games you could really make free. Outside of Resogun and Contrast there is only 3 other games and I'm sure the major publishers have a timed clause when ps+ can make one of their blockbuster games free.. I know I'd be kinda pissed if bf4 was free this week after I had already bought it.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I downloaded Borderlands 2 last saturday and tried out the first couple parts of it. I'll enjoy this game. :D

I noticed that Dyad is now free for PS+ members but I doubt I'll play it.. It looks like a giant seizure waiting to happen. Oh.. and Pinball Arcade is now free for PS4 without a PS+ membership. I guess all the DLC for it will make up for the free base game. I'll try it out.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

http://kotaku.com/playstation-plus-in-january-will-make-you-merry-and-bri-1489727790

January PS+

PS4

• Don't Starve

PS3

• Bioshock: Infinite
  • DMC: Devil May Cry
  • Brothers

Vita

• Smart As...
  • Worms: Battle Islands

Bioshock: Infinite is a great deal for PS3.

PS4

• Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

PS3

• Tomb Raider
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Lone Survivor: Director's Cut

Vita

• Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite
  • Unit

Dead Nation was pretty fun when I bought it on Xbox 360... it was really hard in the later levels and I never beat it. Looking forward to giving it another shot.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/05/ps4-playstation-plus-will-get-free-triple-a-games-later-this-year-insider-claims/

Triple A games coming later this year... I really dont know what that guy expected... the library is small right now, they'd give away every game available for free if they started on launch.

I wouldn't expect free AAA PS4 Games until 2015. And even then there's always the plausibility all free AAA PS4 Games are the "Plus Edition". Which could technically Minus something from the game.

Then again ESO Plus Edition minus online could interest me more than the regular version just as long as you didn't have to pay the monthly fee. But that would probably never happen.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Plus editions would suck. Any AAA games that we get with plus will probably happen near the end of the year after the companies get all their pre-order sales in and then start pumping out DLC that cost as much as the game. The first AAA game that is a non-plus edition that will be free for plus users will probably be Battlefield 4. BF3 was free for PS plus back in July of last year. For a base game its a good deal, but you really need all the DLC for the full multiplayer experience. EA probably racked in quite a bit of money by giving BF3 away for free back then. Its not just map DLC sales they make money on either.. unlock shortcuts DLC for all the different variety of weapons and server rentals.. they really now how to monetize these Battlefield games.

I just think The Plus Edition is really for the people who didn't want to buy the game to begin with. Its not like the people who would really want a game would or should wait for it to be free on PS Plus. If I did that I wouldn't have any Elder Scrolls Games.

DLC is doomed to happen to any game whether or not its a Plus Edition. In those cases you might as well wait for the version that has all the DLC included or just not buy the DLC. In the case of Elder Scrolls I didn't buy the DLC. And in the case of Skyrim I did buy the one without DLC before I traded it in for the one with all DLC included.

In the case of GTA I'd happily settle for a Plus Edition as long as the Plus Edition excluded GTA Online. Because I rather have a game that passes for Decent as a single player experience. Rather than the urge to play the multi player experience just because its holding Character Creation hostage.

Or in the case of Watch Dogs if the Plus Edition didn't have any online functions I would want that way more than the regular Edition. Because Watch Dogs sounds like its going to be Troll Infested once other gamers can invade your single player experience.

I'll go out on a limb and say that the first AAA title is going to be the remastered Tomb Raider. Its already surpassed 6 million units sold, its a port to the next gen, and the old gen release has been out for quite a while now. 

I'm hoping Saints Row 4 becomes a PS Plus game for PS3. Its the kind of game that has massive amounts of DLC, but I'd be content with playing just the base game and never buying any DLC. I'd rather have a GOTY or season pass / premium game than buy everything piecemeal. Borderlands 2 is free, but I'm still not going to buy any of it's DLC unless a GOTY upgrade is available.. or I'll just wait until Steam has it complete for $7 like how I bought Borderlands 1 GOTY.

The remastered Tomb Raider shouldn't be $59. I've seen it on sale for as cheap as $7 for the older systems. Seeing as its just a remaster HD of a previous HD game, I don't see that price tag. So yeah.. it being a PS plus game later this year is a real possibility. They could even be planning that now and the $59 price tag is to make it seem like an amazing offer when it becomes a free Plus game.

Unless Deep Silver prevents it I'm certain Saints Row 4 will be a PS Plus game. And if its predictable it's be free around the week of this year's E3. Just like last year when SRTT was available around E3 2013 & at 2012's E3, SR2. Not counting the DLC I decided to get when I preordered SR4, I have yet to buy any of SR4's DLC. I'll probably buy it once SR4 is free on PS Plus or eventually.

I preordered SR4 on PC also. If there is a Complete Edition of SR4 I'll regret preorder on Steam I made eventually. But to my knowledge there was never a Complete Edition of SR2.

And The Full Package Edition of SRTT lacked Vampire DLC & Rewards Unlock that made SRTT too easy. In fact SRTT & SRTT The Full Package don't share the same Game Saves. It should also be noted that SRTT The Full Package was made at a time when it was published by THQ who were desperate for money.

On the other hand Deep Silver did do a GotY Edition of Dead Island. Maybe its too soon for a GotY Edition of Dead Island Riptide. So maybe SR4 might have a Complete Edition eventually.

The full package of SRTT that I got at the time must have been a special one because it included the Vampire Rewards DLC.. and what sucked is that I had no way of turning them off. I still enjoyed the game, but it definitely was much easier than it should have been for me. The rewards was nuts too.. Right after starting a new game I had thousands of dollars and I was able to easily buy a crap load of properties that started an easy cash flow very early in the game. And with the ability to grab almost any enemy and hit F on my keyboard to instant kill them and take their hit points by sucking their blood.. lets just say it kept me alive through some ridiculous fights that I otherwise would have had to level up for.

Thinking about this, I wish steam had a way to turn off specific DLCs. I have the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for Binding of Isaac and it honestly makes the game more difficult. wtf.. I couldn't beat it before and now its even harder.

Back on the subject of PS Plus.. I just read that Tomb Raider for PS4 sold amazingly well. I hope it does become a PS+ game later this year. I'd love to play it again, especially the remaster maxed graphics version.

I'll try Mercenary Kings. I always like a good platformer. I'm glad PS3 keeps getting new games, but the small hard drive on my system is a real pain in the ass. I swear BF3 takes over half the hard drive and I can't uninstall it yet because I still jump on an occasional game of it with my older brother. Bioshock Infinite is interesting, but I haven't gotten back to playing it yet. I kind of hope Uncharted 2 becomes a digital PS+ game. I've played the first one and I have the third game from PS+.. I might watch a gameplay video of it online just so I can be caught up on the plot so I can play the third game.