Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Another Battlestar Galactica series

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/18657.html

Syfy has greenlit a two-hour pilot for a third Battlestar Galactica series from executive producer David Eick, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome.

The new storyline will take place between the events in Caprica and the core Battlestar Galactica series, in the 10th year of the first Cylon War. It follows the adventures of the very young William Adama, a newly graduated pilot recently assigned to the Galactica.

“Blood & Chrome will… return us to the authentic relentless depiction of combat and the agony and ecstasy of human-Cylon war, which was the hallmark of Battlestar Galactica’s early seasons,” Eick said of the new series.

Caprica has a cadre of loyal fans, but has not achieved the ratings success of the original series. The first season was split into two runs bracketing the year; the second is airing now (see “Caprica Returning in October”). Syfy has not ordered a second season yet.

Remember the webisodes and the Battlestar Galactica: Razor special? The clips that showed young Bill Adama kicking some cylon ass when he was young? Looks like the follow up prequel series that should have been made to begin with is going to finally get made.. but with the craptacular show known as Caprica shitting up the franchise will anyone give a damn at this point? I'll watch it, but if they do mid-season finales and make 3 seasons over the course of 5 years, then to hell with it.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

this is what we shoulda got

I hope they actually give us what we're asking for now that they know we aren't gonna eat shit. Caprica failed because nobody gives a shit about that crap. we want young Adama and the cylon war

uh duh

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The new series was rejected and is no longer going to be made by the way. SUCKAGE HARDCORE.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Probably because of this:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1134601/battlestar_galactica_movie_to_follow_original_tv_series.html

http://io9.com/5852008/the-battlestar-galactica-movie-finds-its-writer-plus-george-rr-martin-explains-the-challenges-ahead-for-game-of-thrones

Ignoring the fact that Bryan Singer produced Superman Returns, Valkyrie and X-Men: First Class were top notch... add in the writer from Band of Brothers and this film has potential.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Like The X Files, BSG is an entity that will work well for a TV series rather a movie.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Goddamnit X'D ... regardless (!!) there's just so much story to enjoy from the series that compressing it in 1 outing isn't enough. That pilot though was pretty good.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Ok, so we're 1 episode away from the finale. That will be released tomorrow. The first two episodes were basically Dick van dyke and I dream of Jeanie episodes. Very boring and made no sense. Third episode and the "tv reality" becomes colorized and things start to progress. Fourth episode gets better and 5th episodes and on the show is solid and extremely interesting and is true Marvel movie quality. By the 8th ep all the tv show stuff at the beginning of the series makes complete sense and the series is awesome. I'm expecting some huge battle for this finale and probably some giant reveal for the Doctor Strange 2 movie. Maybe we'll see some huge actor like Keanu Reeves show up as Mephisto or something like how we got that hint of Thanos at the end of the Avengers movie.
    • By Sledgstone
      The season finale just ended this past monday. I started this series and gave it a couple eps. I almost dropped it, but by the third ep shit started going down and I got sucked into the plot. This was a surprisingly great series with excellent acting. Its so refreshing to see a 1 off series like this. I don't think there is going to be a season 2 and if there is it would probably ruin the experience. This played out like an anime in a sense. It started and finished the entire plot. There was no filler episodes and everything tied in together. I hope this inspires AMC to make more stand alone short series. Hell, I wish more of america tv would follow this direction instead of endless reality shows or drawing out a series so long that it gets canceled without a finale. This show proves its possible for US tv to actually give us a story in a complete season. Well done AMC.  I can only compare this to Stephen King mini series, except better. Now I wish all those old Stephen King mini series were actually given the full season treatment like this.
    • By Sledgstone
      This is without a doubt the best thing I have seen on tv this entire year. 4 series in a massive justice league / captain America civil war style plot spanning 4 episodes and it was amazing. I really hope they make another crossover special next year. Superheroes versus the ultimate Nazis. The episodes are online if anyone wants to watch:
      http://m.cwtv.com/shows/crisis-on-earth-x/
    • By Sledgstone
      I loved this cartoon when i was a kid. The animation looks good, the music is great, the voice actors are a good match. I'll watch this.
    • By Sledgstone
      I watched the first 3 episodes of this tonight and I'm loving it so far. Unlike the movie where everyone is stuck in a grocery store, the bulk of the cast is trapped in a mall, while others are in a church or on the road trying to avoid getting killed. Spike has done a good job with this. Depending on how they treat this series it could be their own Walking Dead kind of show. No zombies needed here with the amount of monsters ready to kill everyone.