DeathscytheX

Lupin The Third

6 posts in this topic

http://kotaku.com/the-new-lupin-the-third-anime-series-looks-terrific-1726579040?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Yes Please... I really loved the dark take on A Woman Called Fujiko Mine. This one looks to go back to the light hearted comedic style. I have no problem with that. Lupin has always been one of my favorite series. I love the old animation style mixed with new effects.

animequeen and Sledgstone like this

dvabanner.png

Funi put up the first 2 episodes of this and now I'm irritated that they've only got 2 eps up. Most likely to sell DVDs because they did the same thing with Outlaw Star recently. I like what I saw. They got all the original dub cast back. The traditional style of animation along with modern lighting and shading techniques really look good on the series.

Sledgstone likes this

dvabanner.png

Is this a new series? Geez, I feel so old right now. This has been one of my favorite anime when I was young. 

"Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen."

Yes, Its a new season with continuity to the original. Did you see the one they made in 2012 about Fujiko? Its really dark, and feels almost alternate universe... but its really good.

dvabanner.png

11 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

Most likely to sell DVDs because they did the same thing with Outlaw Star recently.

Ohhhh.. Theres an Outlaw Star blu-ray boxset now. O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

You should sign up for their newsletter. I don't really care for mail spam but they don't really bombard you and it's always about what they have on sale. They do theme sales, seires sales, and sometimes sales on an entire genre. I'm sure that box set will go on sale in a few months. 

dvabanner.png