DeathscytheX

Battlefield 4 PC Requirements

Not having to back out of servers when friends get on really helps. I just hope they get the match making fixed. Its pretty annoying to get into the same server only to be on different squads and sometimes even different teams. You can switch teams for the most part, but its still a hassle.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Yes, that was annoying. There were numerous times where one of my brothers was on the opposite team and we'd have to wait for an opening for them to switch over. Getting into a server and being in completely different squads was so common, we all got used to making a new squad as soon as we got into a match.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/08/road-to-bf4-field-upgrades/?utm_campaign=bf-social-us-socom-fb-bf-social-na-socom-fb-rtbf-081513&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bf-social-us-socom-fb-bf-social-na-socom-fb-rtbf-081513

Some pretty good info on the solider specs, I like the advance spotting and quick unspot. Fast repair and medkit upgrade I can see myself using a lot.

I'm excited about the Recon class getting upgraded. I really like the fact that Recon will have C4 and claymores now. That class really needed that power boost. And yay for mobile soflam. Placing a soflam in a good spot and letting it auto target is effective, but I'd rather have it as a visor on my guy so I can target the specific vehicles attacking me and my squad as opposed to it just sitting somewhere. And at the same time I'd rather be shooting at a person with a laser designator on them than a soflam on the crest of a hill. Unless you had something to lock onto those damn things, you need a direct hit to destroy them. So annoying.

But what about my favorite EOD bot!? I hope they put an upgraded bot in BF4. That EOD bot driving was a bitch. If they could upgrade it to the Medal of Honor Warfighter bot, that would be a beastly upgrade. That thing had a LMG and grenade launcher on it, with actual tread traction that let it climb debris.

Screw EOD bot... what a pain in the ass that assignment was to get a kill with it. That and gunmaster. UGH. Recon was one of my favorites because of the recon beacon. With C4 its probably what I'll be playing the most of. lol

It always annoyed me that I had to have the spawn beacon. I've had some real idiots on my team over the past year. I've gotten used to never having that spawn beacon anywhere near me, because some newb would spawn and then start shooting while parachuting, completely giving away his / my location. Just about the only time I'll use that spawn beacon is when I can put it inside a building and not immediately near my sniping location. I got good at sniping and its enjoyable.. I have no problems playing aggressive recon with semi auto sniper rifles in TDM or rush either. But man it sucks when a tank finds my location.. All I can do is run or hide. And usually when a tank finds me, thats when some idiot spawns of my beacon and hes a recon also.. then we're both f*cked. XD

That c4 arrow on the crossbow is so weak. I've never been able to destroy a tank with it. Disable yes, but then I'm out of arrows or the person in the tank jumps out and shoots me because of the weak range of the bolt. I was able to destroy a mobile aa with it once.. I shot 3 into the weak part of the armor in the back and even got a trophy for it. (homemade javelin) :P

I hated gun master. That mode always pissed me off. I was never that good with pistols. Once I got past the pistols it wasn't so bad, but by that point the round is already just about over.

EOD Bot is awesome! XD I have 21 kills with mine. The trick is to place it on a road, avoid all debris, drive at full speed unless you are under a tank torching it, never try turning around.. if you drive past your target, just keep going straight and go for something else. If you try turning that damn thing around, its pointless. XD So many people will see it on the mini map, hear the torch and turn towards it and start shotgunning. Wrong! lol! As soon as they are in my line of sight, I'm flying at full speed with my torch going and with the torch and impact damage I usually get a road kill. Or the guy is on the verge of death.. then I slam it in reverse with the torch going again to finish him off. I've gotten so used to that bot, that I know its weakness.. side step and it is pointless. XD If i see a bot coming for me I walk to the side real quick and shot it with a pistol. They are so weak. I remember once doing an EOD bot battle. Me and this other guy were doing this horrible blow torch dance in a crater, our bots were flying all over the place because of the horrible controls. I eventually said screw it, drove my bot out of the crater, walked over to it with my guy and threw a grenade in and got an enemy equipment destroy because his stupid bot couldn't get out. lmao.

Try using an SKS or M417 with laser sight, and 4x scope for smaller maps. The laser sight gives such a good accuracy bonus, that I can hip shot people down long hallways no problem as long as I have them in the general area of my cross hairs. I go around hip shotting everyone. As long as I know where they are, people with shot guns don't even get close to me. I'll use the scan bolt, shoot it into a room, and then run in with my semi-auto rifle and clear the place. :P

btw, I love the MAV ever since I figured out it shoots an EMP. I didn't know for almost 8 months. After I realized I can destroy people's spawn beacons, mavs, claymores, etc. with it, its one of the best things in BF3. I got a kill with it a couple weeks ago when I destroyed some guy's claymore moments after he put it down. I wonder if he saw my MAV in his killed by screen. XD

The other thing I like to do is screw with people sometimes by using some odd combination of accessories so they think I'm glitching. The best odd combo I've used like that was probably an 870 shotgun with a night vision scope and slugs. I'd snipe with it and headshot people. Imagine seeing that loadout when you get killed. XD

I like RPGing choppers... its so hard but satisfying because its not guided so you have to get a good lead on spot to fire from. The plus is that is bypasses any flares they could deploy. Once on Gulf of Omen I had a Batman vs. Joker moment when a jet was coming at me on Flag C. I was on top of the building and saw it coming. I pointed and fired.. direct hit. It was almost too easy, I bet he was pissed. XD

XD XD

lmao. XD

RPGing choppers is a pain in the ass. lol. I always just miss the guy. I think I've shot 2 choppers down with RPGs out of the 30+ shots I've taken at them. :P I'll give you props for being able to take them down. Theres some decent videos on youtube for RPG takedowns too.

I had a joker / batman moment like that once. I was on a team getting base rapped on Kharg Island. Every time I spawned I jumped into one of the tanks that are on those deployment ships at the coast line.. These 2 jets kept doing runs on me and everyone else. After one jet flew by, I'd jump out and repair, jump back in, switch to machine gun and start firing at the next one, jump out and repair, etc. They killed me twice, then I got fed up with it and spawned with stingers.. they kept flying straight and the stingers could never catch them. So annoying.. so I jumped back in a tank and I lucked out near the end of the match. I lined up a couple shots with the main cannon, missed the first guy, but nailed the second one right in the cockpit. That explosion was awesome. XD The jet parts were flying right at me. XD The guy I shot down sent me a message.. he said "Nice shot". That was an epic moment for me. hahaha. XD

EA announced today that the BF4 beta will start in October and will be exclusive to current premium members and those that preordered the digital deluxe edition on Origin.

Now check out the new Paracel Storm trailer:

Details on Premium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g94wtenMJQI

Levolution trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kluVzctLd-o

This post has been promoted to an article

Correction. The Beta will be open to all!

Battlefield 4 Open Beta in October
DICE GM Karl-Magnus Troedsson also revealed the Battlefield 4 open beta. Available for all gamers on PC, X360, and PS3, the beta will feature the Siege of Shanghai map in the classic Battlefield Conquest mode. Battlefield 3 Premium members and those who pre-order the Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition will have access to the exclusive beta early October for three days. Following that, the open beta will kick off. This will be the perfect opportunity for everyone to Prepare 4 Battle before the October 29 launch.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/08/bf4-mp-trailer-beta-premium/?utm_campaign=bf-social-us-socom-fb-social-na-socom-fb-beta-082013&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bf-social-us-socom-fb-social-na-socom-fb-beta-082013

Those trailers looked intense! :D I loved that part where the soldier shoots out the lights and has a night vision scope on his weapon... but I loved seeing all that vehicle action.

Open beta for all.. good! Thats the best way for them to test their servers. They'll probably get so much revenue from premium and dlc that giving out a beta to everyone is their best way to lure people in for the full sale.

Once upon a time COD had open beta. lol

I'm already sold on premium. I asked about it when I preordered it at gamestop because I was going to get it right then and there, but I guess nothing was in the works for it yet as far as preorders. Content every week is really ramping it up. We were getting like 2 a month on BF3. The ship ramming into the island, I hope thats an indicator that we can control bigger ships like destroyers and battleships. That would be pretty wild... especially since there is going to be a map pack based on naval warfare. Before this, a BF2 expansion map called "Iron Gator" was the best we got, it took place inside a ship... thats all. LOL

Even this is better than Black Ops 2 Hijacked XD

Looks like they took Sabotage from COD and made it into 64 player frenzy over one bomb on a big map XD. If there are tickets, I'm sure there will be no ticket servers.... these matches could go on endlessly, until someone detonates it. Definitely a good way to rack up on XP and stat padding. :P

I like the new spawn map, and I like how the person that killed you is highlighted so you can see where you were killed from instead of watching what that person is actually doing for 3-4 seconds.

Thats some good improvements. I like how weather is involved and how the map changes based on certain key events. Highlighting the enemy that killed you is much better. It should cut down on trollers and make flushing out snipers a bit easier. The spotting is definitely improved.. "A machine gunner has been spotted east of your location" or something like that. I'd much rather hear where the enemies general location is instead of just getting a brief red triangle on a mini map or having to spin my guy around looking for the spot indicator of the enemy. And it doesn't look like the wind will affect the bullet drop or trajectory which I'm glad for, its hard enough taking into account for bullet drop over distance against a moving target.

A few things I noticed.. I saw an enemy mav flying around.. and on some of the kill screens I noticed one load out had laser sight and another had green laser sight. Interesting. I wonder what a green laser sight will do differently.. maybe its better for night vision scopes?

in the real world green lasers are vastly superior than red... I have a $30 one and it makes a visible beam that goes 10,000ft into the sky. Its good for pointing at stars in the sky and what not... Just got to make sure no planes are flying around. I dunno how that would apply the game... the green laser can also permanently blind you irl.. the red laser blinding on BF3 is bad enough.. thats what the tac light is for, I dont need 3 things blinding me.

The green laser in the game will be so powerful it will literally blind the person playing through their HDTV.. damn those perfect graphics! We should all stick with PS3, the graphics on BF4 on PCs and next gen consoles will be too good.. too distracting...

XD

I noticed grenade indicators are still very noticeable and gives people plenty of time to get out of the way.. I'd like to see grenade cooking as a feature. I also noticed that the load out on the jets had 4 upgrades active at a time instead of just 3. I hope stingers don't have the ridiculous range like they currently do in BF3. Jets can outrun them, but choppers are just sitting ducks unless they keep low to the ground at all times. Being able to 'watch' a game is great. I've always wanted to be able to see how other people are playing and what their tactics are.

I generally don't have an issue with stingers, at least once I unlocked flares and stealth. I guess its my play style. I focus more on taking out jets with my guided missiles. I'll get a lock and fire a missile, then try my damnest to hold a lock while they perform evasive maneuvers, Once I see the flares deploy I launch my second one. I avoid going after tanks and I'll only go after ground forces if I have good gunner or a objective needs a quick strafe run. I'll swoop in and then quickly elevate to avoid any RPGers.