DeathscytheX

Battlefield 4 E3

I've read multiple sources like this http://playstationgang.com/battlefield-4-on-ps4-leaked-details-reveal-64-player-maps-3-factions-and-more/

And they all confirm that the next gen consoles will feature 64 player maps!

They're streaming the alpha on battlefield.com right now. Its looking pretty great. They took down a sky scraper and the dust from it engulfed half the map. Its been lingering for at least the past 5 minutes causing all kinds of visibility issues for air support.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm def going to have to shake off the rust on my chopper piloting... all those buildings are def going to require more precision in piloting. I hope they keep it the same as BF3. I couldn't pilot choppers until BF3.

I loved piloting helicopters in BF3. I ended up getting really good at it. But man those attack helicopters got screwed with 2 updates.. 1 removed the gunner flares, and the second update was the insane increase in locking distance for stingers and iglas. I hope they do something about that with BF4, because on 64 player matches, I don't see how an attack helicopter could stay in the air for more than a couple minutes. I'd get lucky every once in a while and dodge a second or third stinger after my ECM deflected the first one, but I'd have to keep landing to do repairs.. take back off and get instant locked on again. It got ridiculous. And the mobile artillery has insane lock on distance. Halfway across the map and I was taking out helicopters faster than a mobile AA. People must have hated me in that thing. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

You gotta fly through tight spaces between buildings, or pull off the "cut the engines"  in 3rd person view and hope you can evade it and mash the accelerate button and hope you gain altitude before you smash into the ground. XD

When I was watching the live feed today, there was this mall that had a mostly glass facing, the dude flew the chopper low to the ground through the entrance, elevated inside and starting tearing everyone up. XD XD XD. The DICE commentators went crazy with amusement. He eventually crashed into a wall because he was trying to shoot out the glass ceiling, and looking up of course is reverse.

I'm going to have to watch some more clips of this. btw, I read that spectator mode will be available on BF4. I'm glad we'll get this option. Aside from watching videos on youtube or people streaming, it'll give me another way to research good sniper spots to improve my game. :D

lmao. I watched it last night. I loved seeing that guy's corpse on the back of the bike. XD

I have had numerous jets stuck in the sky before. Once you know how high up you can go and avoid it, then its ok.. but damn its annoying when it happens. :P

The damn jet gets unstuck eventually. I've had it take 3 minutes before. Its really funny seeing someone else stuck in the air.. easy kills. :D

I love the attack choppers, but I try to avoid the jets while in them and focus on taking out the other helis and ground vehicles. I love using guided rockets instead of air radar. It makes the rocket pods home in on vehicles. Its great for harassing jets too. If you can see them barreling in at you, aim the cross hairs dead at them from some distance and unload those rocket pods.. those rockets will fly right at their windshield and force them to maneuver or break off before they can even get a heat seeker lock on.