Sledgstone

New member restrictions removed

Turns out the spam monitoring service and keycaptcha we have in place is extremely efficient. So I have most of the new member restrictions removed. All new members can register and start posting immediately as well as set up their profiles. After new members reach 31 posts they can access private messaging, attachments, gallery uploads, etc.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

*Watches Bing, Google & some Yahoo Spam the site.*

Haha, they wouldn't be able to post. They only show up on the list because the ip#s of their bots are publicly known and auto-displayed by the site when they are found browsing around.

*update*

I removed pretty much all restrictions for new members. After experiencing the spam issues from our previous software I implemented quite a few restrictions on new members that are no longer necessary at this time.

New members can now post links for related subject matter, can reply to all articles, blogs, etc., signature images, profiles, etc. The only things that are disabled for new members at this point includes:

- Private messaging

- Shoutbox

- Gallery uploads

- Attachment uploads

- Making a blog

Once a new member reaches 10 posts and is not a spammer, then all regular member features are unlocked. ^_^

Well, I turned off the link posting for new members. New members will just have to hold off on posting links related to the topic until after the initial 10 post period. AC is a No Spam zone.

I guess that makes it harder for spammers though I'm now semi intrigued if it was a 2 post period.... Though it would probably be an introduction post just followed by a spam post....

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.