Sojourn

Where the #%$* are the smart people up here?

Okay, I'm warning you now. This is a lot of ranting about to happen. It won't all be in order, and some of it might be in a different language (not really). But please, bear with me.

On the 27th, I got in an argument with the fiance of my girlfriend's sister. From here on out, the fiance will be "D". I hollered at him (that's what us southeners do, we holler), from the kitchen, because he put a pack of raw steaks in the microwave to thaw (where I come from, that's what the windowsill or sink in the kitchen is for). Anyway, I hollered at D, he yelled back, that went on for maybe a minute, until I left the room and went into the basement. My counselor says if I ever get upset, to remove myself from the situation to cool down, and that's what I did... until D came down into the basement and proceeded to rush towards me, yelling. At this point, I grabbed a length of copper piping (about 2ft) and held it with both hands, holding it in front of me to keep him at a safe distance. For the record...

Sojourn: age 20, 5'6, about 157 pounds, told everyone in the house in advance about my anger issues, and what I do to keep from getting out of hand.

D: age 28 or 29, 6'4 (i had to tilt my head far back to look him in the eye), about 280+ ponds.

Anyway, I was trying to hold him off, but he kept pushing into me, backing me into a corner, still yelling not but an inch away from my face. At this point, I swung the pipe with my left hand at him, I guess as a final warning or something, I just wanted him to back up. During his entire yelling fit, I continually told him to back up, back up, get out of my face, back up, things to that effect. After I swung, he proceeded to...basically jump me, after a few punches, I fell to the ground, where he continued to pummel me. His wife-to-be and my girlfriend had to literally pull him off of me.

He called the cops, blah blah blah, and arrested me.

This... is where things begin to get interesting...

His story with the officers changed about 4, maybe 5 times. Mine didn't. I am suffering from the damage I got: a bruise covering my entire forehead with lacerations scattered within (with possibility of concussion), a bruise on my entire right cheek with a few lacerations on top of it, blood coming from my right eye, a swollen and bleeding nose with a buldge in it (a nurse friend of mine looked at it and said it might be dislocated or even fractured), multiple lacerations and rug burns along my clavicle, as well as the same along my shoulers and forearms, and my left leg refuses to bend unless forced by another person (the nurse friend said the muscle might be pulled or even torn).

D sustained (or claims he sustained) an injury on his right side, which he got when he said his back was turned to me, as well as claiming his right elbow is shattered.

Here comes the turn, or the twist, or whatever..

I'm left handed. When I swung at him, the pipe was in my left hand. So how did I hit is right side, if he claims I hit him from behind? You tell me (seriously, if you know how this is possible, LET ME KNOW!).

And apparently, this isn't the first time this has happened. No more than two months before I got up here, D was in a bar fight. He instigated a man roughly my size, and called the cops, and the other man was arrested.

When the police arrested me, I couldn't walk on my left leg at all. They had to actually CARRY me around.

In one of his... interpretations of his story, he claims I hit him in the right side with the pipe as he was walking away, and then I apparently punched him in the right side as well.. while he was walking away.

I just.. I don't understand why the hell not ONE of the cops there took any notice to the... oodles? of red flags that were around. The entire way that it played out just seems so.. effing ridiculous to me... I mean... I picked up on all this, and I probably have a concussion.

It's just... I'm flabberghasted befuzzled confused frazzled over the whole thing, and how none of the... 8 officers were there picked up on any... ANY of the little red flags..

I tried walking on my leg earlier today (two days after the incident), and it won't even support itself. It gives out under even the slightest pressure.

I've learned that D didn't press charges because, if he had, he would have been taken into custody as well, which would result in him immediately losing his job (he works at a nursing home).

I just... I don't understand why it went down like this...

Besides the fact that D's parents own a lot of nursing homes in the area, and apparently they're "in the money", and the cops knew him by first name when they arrived (friends maybe?).

The whole ordeal is just... :petrified:

So.. I guess... Thank you for taking the time to read this entire thing. Again, I know it's terribly out of chronological order (or any other type or order for that matter).

Just... Thanks. I seriously needed to vent about it.

Note: If this is... unfit to be here in the forums, you can remove it. The whole thing is over, so I don't see it breaking any sort of... confidentiality or legal something-or-other. But if it is... yeah, feel free to tear it down and post a big smiley face or something.

Edited by Sojourn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does D stand for Dick? Seems so. He sounds like a spoiled bully with his own anger issues. It also sounds like the 5-O down there are familiar enough with his parents (or their reputation) to not want to step on toes.

You were doing the right thing trying to walk away from the confrontation. I do hope that you speak to your counselor about this, you may still have some legal recourse against him because of your injuries; you may qualify for a restraining order of some kind and if you're fucked up and in need of treatment as a result of your injuries a small claims curt judge could hold him liable for your medical expenses. Its worth looking into if you're still gimpin it up days later.

PS I agree w you about microwaving frozen meat. That b nasty

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Does D stand for Dick? Seems so. He sounds like a spoiled bully with his own anger issues. It also sounds like the 5-O down there are familiar enough with his parents (or their reputation) to not want to step on toes.

You were doing the right thing trying to walk away from the confrontation. I do hope that you speak to your counselor about this, you may still have some legal recourse against him because of your injuries; you may qualify for a restraining order of some kind and if you're fucked up and in need of treatment as a result of your injuries a small claims curt judge could hold him liable for your medical expenses. Its worth looking into if you're still gimpin it up days later.

PS I agree w you about microwaving frozen meat. That b nasty

In truth, D stands for Douchebag. He's been nothing but a spoiled little mama's boy since we got here. His parents buy him anything he asks for, he thinks he owns the house (his name isn't even on the lease), and he's been as selfish as a two year old since day 1, restricting computer use on a computer we were told we could use whenever we wanted, refusing to pay for babysitting when we were promised that as well. Two boys, age 4 and 6. 6yo has a highly functional form of autism, learning problems, agression problems, takes more medicine than my grandmother. 4yo takes same meds, has a speech problem so they can't diagnose him with anything really, or so they say. Oh, and the mother has been having legal battles with the dad (also a douchebag, but abusive to the kids, her, and himself to boot) for about 2 years now...

Unless I ABSOLUTELY have to, I don't even want to make any charges against him. I'm supposed to leave on a Greyhound at 2:30 am on the 3rd of August, and I really don't want to be anywhere near this guy as long as i draw breath.

And I could go ON and ON about the comparison between this D and the ex-husband crazy guy all day, but that would be a different rant, heh.

Though I recently learned that D's mother called and yelled at him for like an hour, worried more about me, my mother, and any charges I may press, than she was about her own son. So.. If any good comes from this, maybe he'll stop receiving anything he asks for from mommy and daddy.

Also, and completely off topic, D is supposed to marry the mother of the two kids in Oct, but it actually more concerned about gettig a lift kit for his truck than the wedding. None of the groomsmen have even been measured for tuxes, they JUST hired a dj, don't even have stuff for the reception picked out..

And about the meat. He wasn't microwaving it. The meat was sitting unwrapped on that little foam tray thing in the microwave, in a puddle of blood and melted ice. Which is why I got upset about it. Because he sure as hell wouldn't have cleaned it... He claimed to have cleaned out the fridge once, while we ( my gf and I) were out. There were still tomatoes, cucumbers, apples, and bread in the fridge with enough mold on them that we all gagged when we opened the door. His reasoning: he thought maybe someone would want to eat them. Yeah, and get ebola? Or Kidneyism? I think not...

But again.. I could be on here all day ranting about the things he's done in just a month... So I'll cut my spiel off here..

Again, sorry if everything above is all wonky and out of order, or hard to comprehend.

Edit: Sledge, thanks for telling me how to post a pic. My ugly bruised mug is all over the bottom of the main page now. :P

Edited by Sojourn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just as an update, most of the bruising has cleared up pretty nicely. Still have some... rug burn + scab combos that still look new, and i can walk decent enough that I'm going to Wal-Mart in a bit. Still need to get to a medical professional and see whether or not I received a concussion, as I'm still suffering from head pain, nausea, and other issues.

Edited by Sojourn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]