Sledgstone

Tomb Raider Reboot, the new Lara Croft

5 posts in this topic

http://nerdist.com/alicia-vikander-is-your-new-lara-croft/

Ex Machina and The Danish Girl star Alicia Vikander has signed on to star in the new prequel film series being developed over at Warner Bros, Nerdist can confirm (thanks to sources close to the film).

alicia_vikander.jpg

I liked her in Ex Machina, but she doesn't look like the new Lara Croft from the games to me. She looks skinny but not fit. Its hard for me to imagine her strangling the hell out of men and killing people like crazy. But I never thought Charlize Theron could play an action packed character either, but she nailed it in Mad Max. Maybe Alicia was a good pick. I dunno. But I hope this new Tomb Raider is actually based on the new game and is nothing like the Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider movies.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

Thats the thing too. Shes only 5'5". She'll basically have to jump up to even get enough height to strangle someone. Just about any woman from the Descent movies would make a more plausible Lara Croft. Daisy Ridley was a potential Lara Croft too. I don't think she would have fit the part that well either tho.

Well Angelina Jolie is only 5'7". That's never really a concern. They make Tom Cruise taller than all his co-stars with movie magic. It's just that she looks so young and petite. They're def gonna have to put her on an athletic program to bulk her up. But tbh she's like Emily Kinney from TWD. I thought she was 16-17 at best until I learned she was as old as me in real life. XD

dvabanner.png

I thought Emily Kinney was only 14 years old at best in season 3. lol. When someone told me she was almost 30 at the time I couldn't believe it.

Edited by Sledgstone
format issue