Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Being Human gets bought by SYFY

Being Human is BBC drama about a vampire a ghost and wearwolf living together all fighting their own nature

the ghost cant let go of her humanity as she keeps making tea that she cant drink, and her emotion effect her ability to be corporal and visible.

the vampire Mitchell has himself admitted that he is over 100 years old. Although he can survive daylight, his eyes are overly-sensitive to natural light, prompting him often to wear sunglasses outside in the daytime. Mitchell has attempted several times to abstain from drinking blood

the werewolf George resents being a werewolf to the extent that he is essentially in denial about his condition, often referring to it as 'that thing that happens to me once a month'. He sees his wolf side as an entirely different entity, never using 'I' or 'me' to describe it, only ever 'it'.

SYFY has commissioned to make a US version of the show that should be starting mid - late 2010 hopefully

i look forward to the US version, though the UK version is good, it depends more on characters not effects, which is good, but i love large budget shows personally..

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Considering every other British show that has had a remake in the US has totally sucked I'm sure this will too (though I will now have to look into getting this show, sounds interesting and I do so love British shows (damn you guys and your making of Spooks (MI-5 over here), I'm waiting for Netflix to put seasons 5-7 on instant queue so I can watch them)).

Generally speaking SyFy itself has gone downhill since the name change (while I was home for Christmas I got my first taste of it as I don't have cable TV) so I'm actually afraid of them getting their hands on something thats good without a remake.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

personally i dislike brit series due to crap effects,

being human is a good show, i think syfy could make it better,

but will prob make it worse,

it isnt vampire diaries or supernatural, and twilight here,

the fact their supernatural beings isnt the purpose, but it tries to take a different approach then shows like true blood, and vamp diaries that make oh, boo hoo, im immortal sexy and uber strong, yet gentle on the inside, woo me, and i have sex with super hot babes that are so perfect (i love true blood and vamp diaries btw)

what the characters in being human; are not sexy or appealing, there people holding onto shreds of humanity living shity lives as hospital porters cleaning shit and piss up, where one has an iq of 158 and the other over a century of life and experience. how they fight their natures and punish themselves by accepting there lot in life

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Meh, effects ruin some shows sadly (especially ones that the characters drive forward) but I will admit a lot of Brit series lack good effects. I downloaded up to recent last night so I'll probably be watching it tonight (after some Mass Effect 2 action).

The sad thing about SyFy redoing it is it will most likely turn into those type of shows, replacing the characters drive with whats sexy and appealing (which is sad really, almost every show over here suffers from that stigma). I have yet to see True Blood (no interest in it really) or Vamp Diaries (again no real interest) but I do have friends who love the shows and watch them religiously (only for that reason I'm afraid).

We shall see how it turns out, I'm more worried about watching the original now (and getting caught up) especially after everything you've said. Makes it sound extremely interesting.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589