Sign in to follow this  
HKofsesshoumaru

Inuyasha and the 5 year old

So I had to share this. My daughter just turned 5 and she wanted to lay in bed with me and watch a movie last weekend. I was watching the 3rd Inuyasha movie and didnt see the harm in allowing her to join. She seemed to like it and understood the plot pretty well. Infact she said Kagome was her favorite. She closed her eyes during some of the fight scenes because they were "kinda scary" and asked me why Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru fight so much since they brothers and "should love each other". I can't help but think this is cute. I know Inuyasha has some adult themes at times but I can't help but be so thrilled at my daughter's interest in one of my favorite animes. Am I wrong for letting her watch?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I don't see why it would hurt, after all look at most of the cartoons on TV that other kids watch. Family Guy, American Dad and so on, they're chok full of adult content. So why should Inuyasha hurt? It isn't as full of the stuff as the others mentioned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I are me.

nah it doesnt hurt. a lot of the adult themes wont even occur to her until shes older. i mean ya, she might get a hint at some of them, but i remember watching a lot of shows when i was little, and after revisiting them i was like "my mom let my watch this O_O;; "

yay! get her into anime early! :D :D

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

have you shown her Totoro yet? Fruits Basket is a hit with lil ones too cuz of the uber cuteness.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers