Sign in to follow this  
Kite

is it worth buying an XB360 due to it's age

i was thinking of buying a console, since the lil one prevents me from going out in the evenings, a console would be a nice xmas gift

but is XB too old to buy now as im sure MS will make a new one very soon,

rumours are stating a new console for 2010 fall

personally i dont have a use for the blu ray drive in a ps3, so am torn as what to buy

suggestions as if i should buy one?

im planning on getting assasins creed and batman

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Get a 360, it's a good investment (even if a new console is in the works).

As far as I know there have been no real announcements or word trickling down to suggest a new console yet (but I don't doubt Microsoft is working on a new one). Plus, even if a new one is in the works, I'd wait a year to get it. Microsoft is known for releasing faulty consoles due to rushing production and cutting costs in the first year (it's happened with both Xbox's).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

From what I've read there is no plans from any of the companies to release new consoles.

Since The Slim, PS3 has been outselling the 360 so Sony is focused on that.

And I don't think MS can make a much more advance console with out resorting to some how getting Blu-Ray or resorting to going the the now dead HD-DVD.

The only advancement seems to be is motion controls.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I'm in the same boat as to which one to buy

In this house its mostly RPG's - Zelda and FF and some other nintendo stuffs....

I dunno

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I'd say it all depends on the games you want. If the 360 has more of the exclusive games that you want, go for it. If the PS3 does, go for that. I personally would go for the 360 as it has more games I would want on it, but that's just me.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

xb360 has far more rpg's which i like, and games like batman and assassins creed are on both

provided xb is full 1080p ill prob want that

the PS3's blueray doesnt interest me as tbh i only watch tv shows and i d/l them as were like a season behind the USA, and movies i see in the cinema or skip them altogether

just wanted ppls views if the 360 on its last legs or still going strong

sigpic1620_11.gif

xb360 has far more rpg's which i like, and games like batman and assassins creed are on both

provided xb is full 1080p ill prob want that

the PS3's blueray doesn't interest me as tbh i only watch TV shows and i d/l them as were like a season behind the USA, and movies i see in the cinema or skip them altogether

just wanted ppls views if the 360 on its last legs or still going strong

Off Topic:

"Thanks to Blu-Ray, PS3 Version of FFXIII Superior"

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/12/09/thanks-to-blu-ray-ps3-version-of-ffxiii-superior/

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Off Topic:

"Thanks to Blu-Ray, PS3 Version of FFXIII Superior"

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/12/09/thanks-to-blu-ray-ps3-version-of-ffxiii-superior/

i smell biased fanboy here but thats just me :P

360 is the better of the 2 honestly cause in the end what makes a good system to a REAL gamer is the games...who cares about bells and whistles :P and most games that were PS3 "exclusive are mostly all on 360 now save very few titles

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

so no one thinks the xb will be replaced anytime soon then?
It's impossible for MS to do such a thing any time in the near future.

*Tries to remember to wear deodorant.*

*Edit*

Off Topic:

Isn't it "fan boy" to consider PS3 just as a Blu-Ray Player? Especially when PS3 isn't as overpriced as it use to be? The numbers from my 1st post don't lie. More people are buying PS3s (right now). If this had been about the Wii I'd say wait & see. And if there wasn't a new console coming up before the PS3 Wand makes it's debut then I would have recommended getting a PS3 instead. Side note, I own a Wii with 19 games & 9 on my waiting list. And if HD-DVD won I would have recommended waiting for the next Xbox as only then I'd be sure that MS could make a new console.

Edited by Myk JL

Nintendo actually has plans to release a new system soon. It's been hush hush but it's coming down the pip.

Sony has made a claim that they wont make a new console for another 5 years. They feel the PS3 has more then enough power for future use. In fact programmers haven't even touched half of it's potential since the coding for is tricky.

MS really hasn't said much about their future plans. I'd suspect a new console to come out in a year or two from them, but then again they've been doing good just upgrading specific hardware elements and pushing out "new versions" of the 360.

Personally I'd go with the 360 simply because of the shear number of games out for it and because the majority of my friends are on it already. If the PS3 had games that appealed to me then I'd probably get one. Blue ray is not all that attractive to me either.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

few rpgs are old school turn based, Lost Odyssey is trn based

but games like manga carta 2

XB

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/6-/GenreBrowse.html?searchstring=Role+Playing

PS3

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/6-/GenreBrowse.html?searchstring=Role+Playing

tbh playing them both you can see XB is the inferior machine,, but i just found it more fun, the achievements it better, and online experience is better, also currently better games like gta iv ballad of gay tony

but they dont refer to MS as M$ for no reason, they charge for everything,

they cant get bbc iplayer on the xb because bbc refuse to let M$ charge for it on gold membership accounts, as in the UK we pay for a tv licence which means we already have paid for it

sigpic1620_11.gif

I need RPG games... but I still don't know which system to get. I keep remembering how the PS1 and PS2 blew away the other systems in terms of RPG games, so I would lean more towards getting the PS3 over the 360...

btw, what good RPGs are out for xbox 360? :look:

all the RPGs out are basically on 360...i cant think of any off the top of my head that are PS3 exclusive

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Lost Odyssey and The Last Remnant are the big ones that come to my mind (Lost Odyssey is definitely worth buying, I haven't played it personally but watching my old roommate and my current one play it and I was sold).

Most of the RPG's are cross-platform and very few are exclusives. Most companies are getting smart and going cross-platform with their games so you'll be hard pressed to find many exclusives now-a-days.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

360 has Tales of Vesperia, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Blue Dragon, Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Enchanted Arms, The Last Remnant, Kingdom Under Fire:Cricle of Doom...all exclusive to 360...the big ones im sure you want are the Star Ocean game and Tales game

eppyomega.png

I got an xbox due to the games, also got a decent offer. The salesperson exchanged all the games foe full value to give me assassins creed2 Batman and saboutour. And a play and charge for 200 pounds not sure of that in dollas

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bah, Enchanted Arms was a joke and KUF was sad for an RPG (and don't get me started on Fable 2).

Star Ocean 4 isn't exclusive anymore Epples: http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76053

bah you think i keep up with soming soon for that system :P and all it looks like is a port with more languages anyway *shrug*

eppyomega.png

the new Star Ocean is very good :)

eppyomega.png

Nice. I'll get it. I'll prob won't have finished all the games I plan on buying before ff13. Though I prefer a male main char for rpg's. Hopefully magna carta2 will come down in price soon

sigpic1620_11.gif

360 has Tales of Vesperia, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Blue Dragon, Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Enchanted Arms, The Last Remnant, Kingdom Under Fire:Cricle of Doom...all exclusive to 360...the big ones im sure you want are the Star Ocean game and Tales game

Those sound good.

If only God of War 3 wasn't an exclusive for PS3... :crap:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg