Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

How much do you pay for your cell phone plan?

We have sprint and we just got a couple new phones for free, so I looked into upgraded plans to see how much a data plan would cost. We're sticking with our smaller plan for now to save money, but it made me wonder how much do people pay on average for their cell phone plans and what provider they use... So how much do you pay per month and for what?

Me and Lady:

Sprint family plan

- 2 lines

- 550 minutes a month shared

- weekends free minutes

- nights free minutes starting at 7pm

- sprint cell to sprint cell free calls

- 300 text messages per phone

- employer/employee discount with sprint 20% off

- no data or internet

With taxes our total bill is $69 a month.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

That's pretty cheap! Me and a colleague both had the Blackberry, and with unlimited data, unlimited texting (because every message received + sent on AIM is considered a text) and 1000 minutes between us - Tmob to Tmob free, nights and weekends free, it was $170-175 approx, with T-Mobile. We finished 6 months of our contract mid November, and I canceled our data plan, we kept the unlimited text but that came down to $20 between us, so our bill from the next pay cycle will be around $105-110. And, I changed my contract from a 2 year to a 1 year, so I can keep my options open in May when the amended (new) contract ends.

Edited by Godgrave

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Roughly $80-$100 pending on how many picture messages/data texts I get (I have unlimited texting but since I don't have a data plan I get charged on mb usage, this is with taxes added in).

This will go up though because at the end of the month/beginning of January I'm upgrading to a Blackberry and I plan on getting a data plan so I'm most likely going to be looking at about $110-$120 a month.

I miss the days when my phone bill was under $70 a month, that extra cash came in handy for other bills.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Yea, I cool and run with Verizon (really I'm happy with them, great coverage and signal but they run you down with prices). My normal monthly plan (450 minutes, free calling between verizon customers and within my home state, etc) runs at about $49.99. Add in the $5 a month insurance on my phone and the roughly $10 a month for unlimited texting and you get roughly $65 or so without taxes. Verizon charges up the ass for mb usage so thats generally why I run at around $80-$100 a month. It all really depends on how many dirty joke/picture messages my Mother and one of my friends decide to send me a month.

Kinda dreading the upgrade to a Blackberry because I'm really not looking forward to paying more a month for a data plan. Then again I'm not sure if I'm going to get a Blackberry (leaning toward the Storm 2) or if I'm going to get the Droid. Can't really decide which one I want more.

hmm, i work for Vodafone (one of the largest phone providers in the world)

for my network anyone can get

750m (any network, any time)

unlimited texts

unlimited land line calls

500mb of data (though no charge for going over)

and BlackBerry services (if it is a BB)

(24month plan, with upgrade available at 21 months, also full warranty provided by Vodafone for all the contract duration)

all for £35 ($57.70) p/m and any phone we have is free

Personally i use a Sim Only plan for £20 ($32) p/m i get 600m, unl text and internet on a 30day rolling contract

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

The Droid looks stellar, but I wouldn't know about its consistency yet. And, it's better than the Blackberry Storm 2 marginally in it's features, the camera's got a 2 MP difference. Apart from that, unless you're attached to the BBM, the Droid is a better option among both touchscreens, unless you're ok with switching over to AT&T to grab the iPhone 3GSi. The only drawback I would face if I were to pick up the Droid was Motorola's OS, which has still to impress me. I would switch networks if they introduced the Sony Xperia series like the X2 or X10. On a different note, I better not!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Considering my opinion on iPhones I'll most likely just keep to my original idea of getting the Storm 2. Plus I don't ever plan on switching off of Verizon considering my whole family and 90% of my friends are on Verizon (plus as I said I like Verizon just wish they weren't mb nazis).

Considering what I need the phone for also the Storm 2 is more practical. I don't need a phone thats basically a handheld computer (considering I'm on my laptop 80-90% of the day). Technically it also depends how much my mother is willing to spend on a phone (she's buying my new one as a Christmas gift (yay, don't have to drop $200 for a new phone upgrade)) and if I really think about it Verizon has a deal of buying one Blackberry and getting a second free (free upgrade for her considering she usually copies whatever phone I get, she got the enV2 because I got it).

my current bill for dec is $65 and that is with unlim text and data plan :3

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Are you still getting that employee discount? ;)

hmm, i work for Vodafone (one of the largest phone providers in the world)

for my network anyone can get

750m (any network, any time)

unlimited texts

unlimited land line calls

500mb of data (though no charge for going over)

and BlackBerry services (if it is a BB)

(24month plan, with upgrade available at 21 months, also full warranty provided by Vodafone for all the contract duration)

all for £35 ($57.70) p/m and any phone we have is free

Personally i use a Sim Only plan for £20 ($32) p/m i get 600m, unl text and internet on a 30day rolling contract

Damn that sounds like a good deal. :tup:

employee discount is any phone pretty much unlimited calls text email etc for £25 a month

i haven't taken it as i don't plan to e there much longer as my boss keeps cutting my hours

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Are you still getting that employee discount? ;)

yes i am =D

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

employee discount is any phone pretty much unlimited calls text email etc for £25 a month

i haven't taken it as i don't plan to e there much longer as my boss keeps cutting my hours

Nice. Maybe you should sign up for it... and if you're lucky you'll keep your employee discount long after you no longer qualify for it... like eppy. :P