Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

H.R. 2835: Medical Marijuana Patient Protection Act

Nag yer congressman :bingo:

The letter I sent to Dan:

I'm writing to urge you to support HR 2835; it is The Medical Marijuana Patient Protection Act of 2009.

The bill is so simple it can be viewed on a single page. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-2835

I have seen family and friends of family fight cancer and other painful physical conditions; chronic kidney stones to multiple back surgeries. I have also seen the deeply depressed and the extremely manic and many shades of mental illness in between.

I have seen tons of pharmaceuticals heaped upon their problems but there are times they cannot produce the desired effects and marijuana can. Its the reaction our bodies have to the natural cannaboids that produces the hungry happy relaxed state that the suffering would kill for 5 minutes of feeling like that.

We must take medicinal marijuana seriously and we must protect those who legitimately benefit from the use of marijuana. Its a cruelty to keep this away from those in need or to criminalize them for its use.

I encourage the adoption of medical marijuana and dispensaries in the state of NY. As ironic as it sounds it will create green jobs, farmers licensed by the state to grow. If there is one thing this area has a lot of its farmers and farms. I'm sure they could use the economic opportunity that growing a patch of a plant could bring them. Dispensaries will create new business and thus jobs, something else we need more of around here. Never forget this is NY and we'll find a way to tax the cool out of it like we did with cigarettes. A legal system for marijuana will put it in the cigarettes and alcohol category to the youth. Its going to put a lot of drug dealers out of business, kids wont be selling it to their friends in school if its considered 'lame' and 'weak' and 'for old people' (I have teenagers).

Marijuana is a relatively safe substance, you cannot overdose and die and there is no physical addiction side effects. Millions of people self medicate with the substance on a daily basis for pain nausea anxiety etc. It is time to stop putting the sick into the same category as criminals.

Please support HR 2835. It is time for real marijuana reform.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this