Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

Fox has no idea what Net Neutrality is

For the third time I've heard them try and push their viewers to fight against Net Neutrality without even explaining what it is to their uneducated viewers. They claim Net Neutrality is bad because it allows ISPs, company's, and the government control over your Internet. The reality of it is Fox has it backwards. Like the name implies Net Neutrality is the act of keeping the net free and unregulated like it has been since it was created. Every since Senator McCain proposed his backwards ass "Internet Freedom Act." bill to congress, Fox News and other media outlets have been pushing this uneducated babble that Net Neutrality and the FCC are bad LOL.

Here's some videos for those that are still confused

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWt0XUocViE]YouTube - Save the Internet![/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jHOn0EW8U]YouTube - Net Neutrality[/ame]

The reason this is blowing up so big now is because ISP's have been throttling and prioritizing web traffic, specifically bittorrent, and getting attacked by the FCC because of it. ISPs are complaining that the FCC hasnt given a fine line on what they can and cant do so they go a head with such practices of prioritizing certain program protocols on the Internet (ex. VoIP phones). So the FCC has stepped up and will be making that fine line clear so ISPs wont have any more excuses on what they can and cant do. The FCC will not be taking away our freedom or give ISPs the power to prioritize programs. They're fighting for us yet the media has it all backwards.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

First off... HOLY **** IT'S YOU!... There... I got out of my system...

Second... Damn it... I'd rather not lose my phone just because Time Warner Cable's phone service sucks compared to MagicJack...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Faux doesn't really report news they report made up bullshit. That is why the White House has bumped them into the talk radio category, they aren't news; they're propaganda.

Fox News routinely, and blatantly, breaks the code to which ethical journalists are supposed to aspire.

They're a joke that isn't funny, they spread disinformation, rally people to stand up FOR the corporations giving us all the screw job, they stalk people, etc.

Their commentators incite violence; Bill O the clown called Dr Tiller 'Tiller the baby killer' right up until some fox fan shot the man to death. Beck is a lunatic on par w Rush Limbaugh. He cries on cue, although badly. These people aren't journalists they belong to the group of assholes that miss the good ol days when women/blacks couldn't vote or own property and ya just tossed your empty out the window of your car. They're troglodytes in the space age, curious to observe but dangerous with their ass backwards ideas. Millions of people are dumb (or insecure) enough to believe their bullshit because they're hiding under their god flag.They exploit free speech/press on a daily basis; hate speech that incites action against others is NOT what the authors of the bill of rights had in mind yo.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I think there was a report on BBC this past week that said something like if you're in the UK, the UK internet control officials have been given the power to disconnect internet access if they discover you're either pirating or helping the cause by being a seeder or a leecher.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I think there was a report on BBC this past week that said something like if you're in the UK, the UK internet control officials have been given the power to disconnect internet access if they discover you're either pirating or helping the cause by being a seeder or a leecher.

yeppers

wonder if ill be cut

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Ya because the RIAA and MPAA (both American organizations) gave the UK court system enough money to push this BS through. They've been doing this everywhere and it's sad that the court system and goverment can be bought off so easily. Look at the Swedish government! They shut the Pirate Bay down even with lack of information. If that doesn't tell you something about what's going on then I dont know what will. Fortunately for the US we have the FCC who regulates this BS just in case. Sure the FCC is bad in most cases but right now they're the only good guy with power that we have....well Obama supports Net Neutrality I just hope he knows what it is.

As for Fox, they make Republicans look horrible. I'm Republican and I cant even listen to this bullshit anymore. What I've noticed though is older people eat that shit right up. The whole reason I made this forum post was because my dad came over to me and tried to tell me how bad Net Neutrality was after hearing Fox news. I then explained what it was and he's like "No you've got it backwards" then I laughed and sent him a few videos and articles explaining what it is. Needless to say he's confused about why Fox would lie to him and why McCain seems to support it yet his Bill is going to destroy it :P.

sig.php

This article's out today - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8337887.stm

This's like what I do ... I preview albums by taking em off the net, and if I like em, I buy em. Regardless, it's still good for the music industry as it garners the exposure they want, and it's up to the consumer to purchase it or not.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

there has to be some way we can push the net into civil liberties/ free speech press territory to save it. its the only place an average person's voice can compete with industry and lobbyists. yet another instance where law school would have been helpful.

It was a good deed sharing your experience with fox lies with another republican. Ppl are looking down on the repugs that are all up on fox and listening to Rush and joining these astroturf orgs and tea baggers that didn't investigate what the term teabaggin meant before making it their poster child...... Until these joke boxes are removed from the equation the repugs are just gonna keep on lookin like nutters.

As for the older gen... well they were raised up in a totally different society. Racism and various discrimination were acceptable as was littering and dumping toxic waste. To us their norm is appalling but it was their norm and when you pull any creature outside of its comfort zone they get irritable. You did the right thing with your pops, but for me I can show my parents something 30 times w/ no response but if someone their own age tells them the same thing then they get it *insert suicide smiley here*

Thing is; like you went and got to the truth of it yourself and know fox is full of shitz, its not just net neutrality fox is spreading its disinformation about. The health care debate : ie the right to stay alive in America without having to choose between food mortgage or medicine, has been turned into a 3 ring circus complete with death panels,debt and free abortions for all. Its ridiculous but all that rar rar rar from the undereducated side (a lot of voters) turns what should be a cut and dry and easy debate that in the end changes legislation to help the people not the companies into this drama bullshit we have now. People didn't want medicade either but the old folks sure do like it. It was legislation that went into effect quickly as reformed health care should. We need changes now not a few years from now. Just the thought that someone would stand against people over something that causes death and financial ruin makes me go wtf? That's cold heartless shit and the majority of these tardos consider acts of kindness/charity part of their religion. Double wtf?

Even if ya don't like the liberal media they are a great source of information. I watch MSNBC, I like Kieth and Rachel in the evenings (dig dig dig with facts) I also like Dr Nancy at noon. Its not that I dislike Chris Mathews but something about his voice gives me a headache after 20 minutes >.< and I'm usually doing shit with the fam during the Ed show. I avoid Dobbs tv and Larry King has to be 2000 years old and out of touch :P

When I first registered I was a republican. Ronnie's vp ran for prez so of course we all voted for him, after all Ron was a swell guy.... If only I knew then what I know now. :desksd: In the 20 years I've been voting I've seen the repug party turn into the party of the rich, the planet/people wreckers, its like they all became a bunch of raptureists or something. Don't worry about fixin shit, Jesus will be back next Tuesday and he'll straighten it all out. Its depressing as much as it is infuriating to see a predominant political party in a free country become what they have.

There are still a few republicans I will listen to, though not agree with everything. I have a lot of respect for Ron Paul and he has a lot to offer but his party tries to silence him, ignore him, belittle him etc. Had RP won the rep nomination I would have voted for him over Obama (as long as there was no Sara or John). I've been squeezed into the liberal democrat position because I am very liberal when it comes to law and governance and most of that liberalism comes from the constitution and bill of rights, which used to be a repub thing now its only a RP thing -_-; WTF right?

Don't be too worried about having to 'switch' political parties to support the lawmakers that support your ideas. Don't sweat yesterday too much, tomorrow has much more at stake. Peace

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

there has to be some way we can push the net into civil liberties/ free speech press territory to save it. its the only place an average person's voice can compete with industry and lobbyists. yet another instance where law school would have been helpful.

That's basically what the FCC is trying to do. Instaid of there being this gray area where ISP's dont know what they can and cant do, the FCC wants to have it written as a law that the internet, for the most part, stays as it is and has been. This is why ISP's are going nuts. They fear that by making this a law it would force them to spend money in making their infrastructure better. They don't want to spend money just to give users faster speeds. They would much rather throttle you to death and split Internet use up into packages or "pay as you go" (which died in the AOL days). They want to step back in time instaid of progressing into the future.

I've been following this for many years. Its only now that I get frustrated that stupid people like McCain and Fox start causing confusion. I sense some lobbying going on.

@Godgrave - ya I saw that on digg today too. That article is right on the money for me when it comes to movies. I tend to go to the movie theater A LOT. If I like a movie I buy it on DVD. If I hear a movie is bad I skip it in the theater but watch it online. If I end up liking it I'll buy it, if not it's trash.

sig.php

always lobbying, that's why we the people gotta lobby harder. spike the volleyball right into their crotch :)

On any good mailing lists following this, know where I can add my name to a petition to support the cause?

Some clever little lawyer will figure this out. I sense the days of giant corporations crying out in their death throws coming :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers