Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Youtube vs free speech

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cebsoBbXpv8]YouTube - Youtube vs free speech[/ame]

youtube is just suckin out

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I imagine its difficult for them to keep up w/ viral vids. Some shitz get out there, downloaded and re-uploaded pretty fast.

I hate their new page layout.

Hate the new program or whatever that reads the song on the vid yer uploading and if it matches one in their greedy asshole database ya get userfail - as I learned personally w a fest vid to Wipe Out, a song older then dirt -_-; .

The youassholes have been brutal when it comes to fan vids. Yoinking the audio or straight up bumping the vid offline.

I have - or should I say had- multiple playlists where 1/2 the vids are 'no longer available'.

Formerly youtube was a place to share all yer shitz, now its a place where ya better be careful what you upload or you'll get the boot.

lame fail

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

It's not entierly youtube's fault. They've just succumed to the "OMG, we have to cover our own asses since everyone wants to sue people for copyright infringment!" syndrome. Which, unfortunatly, means that a lot of vids will suffer for it because some people and companies are crazy jelious of protecting copyrights, even to the point of targeting people that aren't doing anything illegal *cough4kidscough*.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I know I use to want to make a Deadpool music video to the tune of "Voices" by Revelation Theory... But yeah... I lost interest with all the crap going on to protect copyrights...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Media distribution companies want to protect their cash flow, but technology as a whole is minimizing their role. Yay. For decades the record co's have made a fat profit off of artists and individual songs (thus Metallica created their own co to produce/distribute their albums.)

Just about any song you could want is available online for 99 cents or less.

You can watch many series online for free.

Software can turn any room in your house into a recording studio, making you the producer/director/talent.

Netflicks and their ilk have all but eliminated the necessity for hard copy dvds.

Even fan vid's can get viral. I think everyone here has seen Trigun/Cowboy Bebop Tainted Doughnuts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9e_WIoJJnI]YouTube - Tainted Donuts- Trigun meets Cowboy Bebop[/ame]

I used to go check out youtube fan vids to find new music, but the videos have become unavailable or had their audio pulled. As a result I am less inclined to experience new music and artists I may be interested in/willing to patronize. 9 times out of 10 I will look at vids of a series on youtube before I decide to watch it or skip it.

IMO the only time youtube/insert greedy affiliate here gets it right is when they leave the vid and throw an ad up next to it. The fan vids themselves are free advertising for music and the series in the vid.

The chances of me uploading a fan vid (including AC Fest) to youtube again are slim to none. They've smacked my account enough and I want to keep my account as I've had playlists for years. The music and series I like can't be shared because I'm not Warner Bros.

Maybe while the 'big guys' are pickin on the 'little guys' they should try to remember we're their customers and yes, we do talk to each other. :nah:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this