Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Alienate your female customers? Pepsi has an app for that

Pepsi iPhone app draws fire for stereotyping

An apology from the company is igniting even more online criticism

The application lets users select from stereotypes of women, like the "foreign exchange student" or "nerd" or "cougar." Then it offers possible pickup lines like, "Wasn't I in Space Academy with you?" for the nerd.It also offers other hints, like links to world news for the foreign exchange student. For the "rebound girl" — who has just broken up with her boyfriend — it offers maps of local ice cream shops.

The app then lets users add women — along with name, date of the conquest and comments — to the user's "brag list," which can be shared online on sites like Facebook and Twitter.

As of this morning the ap is still available.

gee can you guess which pos company (and their cohorts) I'm boycotting now? :nah: Sorry sledgers yer just gonna have to find a Mt Dew alternative until Pepsi quits acting a fool.

Here's a list of more fuckers that aint gettin my dollars yo

Besides the Pepsi-Cola brands, the company owns the brands Quaker Oats, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, SoBe, Naked, Tropicana, Copella, Mountain Dew, Mirinda and 7-Up (outside the USA).

PepsiCo also has formed partnerships with several brands it does not own, in order to distribute these or market them with its own brands.

Fuck em :smoke2:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

It's completely unacceptable for a corporation to encourage the violation of privacy. That is what pisses me off.

The stereotyping/macho bullshit is beyond lame (had to be a real dateless loser that came up with this crap) stupid frat boy bullshit, but I'm used to/expect this kind of behavior from ignorant males (so glad not all guys are like that).

If it were the reverse, say 'How to manipulate a man and take everything he's got App' guys wouldn't be amused, they'd be screaming femanazi and gold digger and I would have to agree.

The app needs to go the way of its caveman~ish principals (extinct) and the social/moral retard(s) that came up w/ this shit should be shit canned and blacklisted. Apologies from Pepsi aren't enough. They should try to remember mom doing the grocery shopping (there is also advice on how to score w married women) is not going to buy a product that supports the use and abuse of women and their rights.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

It's completely unacceptable for a corporation to encourage the violation of privacy. That is what pisses me off.

The stereotyping/macho bullshit is beyond lame (had to be a real dateless loser that came up with this crap) stupid frat boy bullshit, but I'm used to/expect this kind of behavior from ignorant males (so glad not all guys are like that).

If it were the reverse, say 'How to manipulate a man and take everything he's got App' guys wouldn't be amused, they'd be screaming femanazi and gold digger and I would have to agree.

The app needs to go the way of its caveman~ish principals (extinct) and the social/moral retard(s) that came up w/ this shit should be shit canned and blacklisted. Apologies from Pepsi aren't enough. They should try to remember mom doing the grocery shopping (there is also advice on how to score w married women) is not going to buy a product that supports the use and abuse of women and their rights.

That would have to be either be one complex ap to somehow

1. Get a guy to think long term when usually guys want one night stands.
  2. State she should become a stripper.
  3. Most likely only work in Vegas.

Easiest rebuttal for such a situation is just tell the woman that "Apple suxxorz & she should feel bad for choosing such shit when PC Gaming is way cooler!"... This answer will also cause all of her female friends to hate him too... Like a firewall for below the belt... Unless he count alls punching & kicking he is going to recieve...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Sign in to follow this