Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Stargate Universe - Current episodes

Anyone else catch the first episode last night? I'll have to give it a couple more episodes to really see what the series will be like. The Destiny looks like its huge. I wonder what size it is compared to Atlantis. But I thought it was pretty awesome that the ship has been traveling through multiple galaxies. I wonder if the series will only take place in one galaxy or if they'll have chunks of time traveling through the vast spaces between them. Interesting so far.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

awesome......

love the 1st episode, the sex scene alone showed the style of the series is more of a gritty style.

cant wait for more

glad the personalities arent as comical as SG-A

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

but I wont keep watching if Catholicism is going to be a theme in the show

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Yes. Same with Lost style flash backs. If they end up starting a flashback trend I'll drop this show quick. :P

I did like how there was a kind of dustdevil entity. It went around absorbing water and then dispersing it.. which is a start at least in terms of alien lifeforms. The one thing that really pissed me off in the previous stargate series is that all alien life was humanoid, except for the go'uld, who were almost always in a humanoid body anyway. Seeing as the Destiny is multiple galaxies away I hope that they encounter actual alien life forms and not just actors dressed up in costumes like has been done in so many scifi series. Sure a couple humanoid aliens would be ok, but in this series is called "universe" and if they imply that all alien life forms throughout multiple galaxies and the entire universe are all human-like, I'll be pissed.

wow... pity party and the lords prayer.

Elite soldiers in the midst of the most extraordinary experience any human has ever been in and all they can do is whine? What a load of horse shit.

They better bust out w consecutive awesome episodes or this show wont be wasting anymore of my time.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The show needs more science and less human drama.

That guy's wife telling him to more or less deal with his problem because he signed up for dangerous missions was good.

I figured out the ship. The ship is using a bussard ram scoop. The ship did not go to the solar system it is in because it has habitable planets. It went to that system because of the gas giant and the star. It turned into the gas giant to scoop hydrogen and and increase its speed to fly towards the star. The people on the ship think the ship just screwed up and is going to hit a star. wtf ever. Its obvious its going to get a massive scoop from the star and/or increase its speed with a fly by. You would think they'd notice the ship's lights came back on after it finished scooping the gas giant.

Also, if its a ram scoop, that also fits in with the FTL traveling and the time limit until the ship needs to get moving again. A ram scoops primary power source is speed. The faster the speed, the more particles it scoops and thats how it maintains and gains power. They wasted the power on the ship by dialing it a bunch and by making the ship stop. The ship actually just sitting still probably drained more of the power from the ship than dialing the gate. And the ship is obviously smart enough to locate the materials they needed, stop and allow them to gate out to get it. And now the ship is performing its own power needs. I wouldn't be surprised that the ship will be at full power if it scoops from that star. Then maybe the series will start picking up its own momentum.

But then again, I could be completely wrong... :P

love it

doesnt have the qwerks of sg1/a but really hits being a scifi drama well

would perfer more episodes a week ofc

overall the last episode with the army guy questioning dr rush, i thought kept a good edge to it

though i think Dr rush is being made the cunning villianish guy, but tbh it can swing either way. we will learn of the tradgety that his life has gone to make us feel for him, then either turn out he cares for the crew or in fact a cunning SOB who planed everything for some unknown purpose

but having 1 bad guy;ish char means the plot will only last as long as he is interesting and before it get tiresome

sigpic1620_11.gif

next few epis will address food and water supplies i bet,

also what about the shuttle that left the ship at the end of ep 3.. thoughts

sigpic1620_11.gif

I thought the chunky kid launched the shuttle :look: maybe I'm confused

this show aint cuttin it for me -_-

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Remember when they needed materials to fix their carbon scrubbers? And the ship stopped itself at a system with pre-existing stargates? Maybe there is another ship like the destiny years ahead on the same set course dropping stargates on planets?

Maybe the shuttle that left the destiny will actually catch up with the destiny later by jumping thru a variety of stargates and then meet back up with the ship at set location?

lame

weak

this show is just background noise to me now

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

next few epis will address food and water supplies i bet,

also what about the shuttle that left the ship at the end of ep 3.. thoughts

You called that one. :nod:

It was a pretty weak episode. I was hoping Rush would have explained some new interesting things about the Destiny, now that they have power and can access some of the systems. None of them have even asked: "Why does this ship keep going to FTL and why can't we change the course?"

i am starting to see the point of not enough scifi

too much drama, not enough sci fi

considering it isnt an action show like sg1 or A, it could do with something to appeal to my intelligence

sigpic1620_11.gif

a sci fi drama that contains no diolouge about science is just another stupid ass drama show. If I want to watch lame drama I'll put on Jerry Springer.

Its riding the coat tails of the Stargate name

The only military personnel who has shown any competence is the doctor

Cant explain the ram scoop but can waste time flashing back to churchie crap

fail

fail

fail

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

next 3 episodes from TV,com:

The Ancient communications terminal is used to allow a few crewmembers' consciousnesses to return to Earth.

(wow nothing new, i dont care about their trip home, been done already,. boring...)

An away team finds a Kino beside the Stargate on a jungle world, which contains video footage of the team that was shot prior to their arrival. Then, an illness cripples the team, forcing them to quarantine themselves on the planet.

(hmm, seems like an original concept,,, not)

Some of the crew use the Ancient Long Range Communications Device to reassure their loved ones that they are okay.

(hmm doesnt this episode sound familiar)

sigpic1620_11.gif

That second one sounds like it could be interesting, except the quarantine thing which has been done to death in stargate. And I guess I'll just pass on those other two episodes all together. Maybe if they realize their ratings drop for crap episodes, they'll stop making crap episodes. :|

face it, SGA was a terrible show. Constant re hashed plots, they especially loved infecting the city with something. The one time a main ch died it's underplayed and then fan complaining pressured the writers to do you know what. The show sucked out loud but it had some viewers and they'll watch SGU with a stupid grin on their face thinking they're getting something new and smart.... shows ya how smart they are.

Its a HUGE let down considering the basis that started the show:

A million year old ship still functioning traversing the universe following behind the gate building ship; they've made it half way across the universe from the starting point..... Fucking amazing base! The ship is probably intelligent enough to be considered a character as some sort of AI. its been self sustaining for a million years there has to be intelligent awareness; it stopped when the bitter bastard told them they were in trouble. Just the ship is a writers treasure chest. No need for drunk priest flashbacks when you have a MILLION YEAR OLD INTELLIGENCE to write about. Hello~

As for the people... *sigh* Did the writers just forget that everyone on that ship willingly agreed to traveling around home galaxy via stargates or ships? Uh, thats why they were where they were when the stargate to the ship opened in the first place -_-; They took on a certain amount of risk to be where they wanted to be 9th shevron. Further the military has some regular procedures it would take this now being a survival mission/ rescue mission getting the civilians home. They would not allow ppl to turn on all kinds of shit all over the ship with a dieing power supply. they wouldn't stand on the oppisite sde of the stargate in million year old suits and wait for 20 minutes they would go back with the ice and breath some normal air and probably be checked by the doc to make sure everything was still a go. Check check re check yo. Its in times of crisis and danger the military has the opportunity to shine and they're blowing it. Do you honestly think Bill Adama or Capt Piccard would do things the way this guy has? No. Even people who are forced to step up, Laura Rosalyn Luke Skywalker, can get shit done. I'm assuming they're under martial law, I don't recall them saying it but the situation would dictate it.

The bitter bastard and the chunky kid could have been decent characters if they flaunt their smarts with techno babble. (Daniel Sam Rodney were all favorites because they blah blah blah the smart shit) Bitter bastard didn't explain the ram scoop when the moment was right there. Sledge is not a scientist but he knew about the ram scoop and bitter bastard and chunky didn't recognize it but they're mad genius....? what??

And that politician~ish woman trying to throw all of the authority over who lives and dies to the military and him pretending he doesn't want it. Hahahahaha! Are the writers watching too much faux news?! We already know they're catholic so...

Give me a fucking break.

They were handed a golden arc and have NO idea wtf to do with it. :shame:

What do we get? Redundant crap drama. Yet another infection/quarantine and incompetent people standing around talking or on this show complaining and whining.

If they want this show to last they better get some real writers :nah:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Ok, so we're 1 episode away from the finale. That will be released tomorrow. The first two episodes were basically Dick van dyke and I dream of Jeanie episodes. Very boring and made no sense. Third episode and the "tv reality" becomes colorized and things start to progress. Fourth episode gets better and 5th episodes and on the show is solid and extremely interesting and is true Marvel movie quality. By the 8th ep all the tv show stuff at the beginning of the series makes complete sense and the series is awesome. I'm expecting some huge battle for this finale and probably some giant reveal for the Doctor Strange 2 movie. Maybe we'll see some huge actor like Keanu Reeves show up as Mephisto or something like how we got that hint of Thanos at the end of the Avengers movie.
    • By Sledgstone
      The season finale just ended this past monday. I started this series and gave it a couple eps. I almost dropped it, but by the third ep shit started going down and I got sucked into the plot. This was a surprisingly great series with excellent acting. Its so refreshing to see a 1 off series like this. I don't think there is going to be a season 2 and if there is it would probably ruin the experience. This played out like an anime in a sense. It started and finished the entire plot. There was no filler episodes and everything tied in together. I hope this inspires AMC to make more stand alone short series. Hell, I wish more of america tv would follow this direction instead of endless reality shows or drawing out a series so long that it gets canceled without a finale. This show proves its possible for US tv to actually give us a story in a complete season. Well done AMC.  I can only compare this to Stephen King mini series, except better. Now I wish all those old Stephen King mini series were actually given the full season treatment like this.
    • By Sledgstone
      This is without a doubt the best thing I have seen on tv this entire year. 4 series in a massive justice league / captain America civil war style plot spanning 4 episodes and it was amazing. I really hope they make another crossover special next year. Superheroes versus the ultimate Nazis. The episodes are online if anyone wants to watch:
      http://m.cwtv.com/shows/crisis-on-earth-x/
    • By Sledgstone
      I loved this cartoon when i was a kid. The animation looks good, the music is great, the voice actors are a good match. I'll watch this.
    • By Sledgstone
      I watched the first 3 episodes of this tonight and I'm loving it so far. Unlike the movie where everyone is stuck in a grocery store, the bulk of the cast is trapped in a mall, while others are in a church or on the road trying to avoid getting killed. Spike has done a good job with this. Depending on how they treat this series it could be their own Walking Dead kind of show. No zombies needed here with the amount of monsters ready to kill everyone.