Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

I need new glasses, do you recommend...?

Would you recommend those bendable titanium frames? Are those the really light ones? Does anyone have experience with them? Are they as comfortable as regular frames? And are there any drawbacks to them? Would you recommend something else? My eye insurance will cover new frames up to about $100-$150 this year and I want to get something comfortable and will maintain its shape if I lay on my side or if the glasses get pressed against my head and a pillow. Would these work for that?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

as you know ive had flexons for like 6 years now :P they are pretty spiffy dont know about other bendables though

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Bendable frames will break easily I was told when I asked about them. I guess people play with them too much.

My favorite rimless eyeglasses are so light but they are incredibly fragile. I got this at 39dollarglasses website for around $80 some years ago and I've only wore them at home fearing it'll break. It's so light that sometimes you forget you are wearing them. At regular stores, it's one that'll cost more than $150 I think. I read one of reviews taht said it could last 5 days, or it could last 5 years. It's true depends on how careful you are with it. It's probably been 4 years since I've owned them but I still won't risk taking that outside or fall asleep.

The eyeglasses I wore when I visited NY was something I dropped on the concrete floor millions of times. It has some odd smudge and its little bent but it's bearable. That is the first eyeglasses I ever got about a decade ago. It doesn't break for some odd reason and I wish I knew the name of it rotfl. I got it Sams club under $100.

If you like your current frames and comfortable with them, maybe you should just change the lenses.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

as you know ive had flexons for like 6 years now :P they are pretty spiffy dont know about other bendables though

ah, thats the other name for them. I can't remember which ones they have at walmart, but they take my insurance so I'll be going thru them. I'll probably get those frames. I got the current frames I have now because they came with a magnetic sunglasses clip. Little did I know at the time that you could buy spring style clip on sunglasses that will fit on just about any style of frames tho. gah.

Bendable frames will break easily I was told when I asked about them. I guess people play with them too much.

My favorite rimless eyeglasses are so light but they are incredibly fragile. I got this at 39dollarglasses website for around $80 some years ago and I've only wore them at home fearing it'll break. It's so light that sometimes you forget you are wearing them. At regular stores, it's one that'll cost more than $150 I think. I read one of reviews taht said it could last 5 days, or it could last 5 years. It's true depends on how careful you are with it. It's probably been 4 years since I've owned them but I still won't risk taking that outside or fall asleep.

The eyeglasses I wore when I visited NY was something I dropped on the concrete floor millions of times. It has some odd smudge and its little bent but it's bearable. That is the first eyeglasses I ever got about a decade ago. It doesn't break for some odd reason and I wish I knew the name of it rotfl. I got it Sams club under $100.

If you like your current frames and comfortable with them, maybe you should just change the lenses.

My brother has some bendable frames. He doesn't purposely bend them like on some commercials and he says they hold up good.. but he also said that they make some squeeky noises or something that aggravate him. :confused:

I would probably keep using my current frames, but they're 2 years old and they haven't held up well. They plastic ear part is starting to break where it overlaps on the frame because of too many adjustments. :\

my have never broke and i play with them the way they show in commercials...you have seen too sledge ive shown you plenty of times

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

ive stepped on eppy's glasses so many times... accidentally sitting on them because he puts them down it the weirdest places when hes not in his room :P

they hold up well.

i havent ever stayed with a specific brand of glasses, but all my frames have stayed in pretty good shape if i accidentally fall asleep with them on and such.

my have never broke and i play with them the way they show in commercials...you have seen too sledge ive shown you plenty of times

Every time we hang out, alcohol is involved. I barely remember you showing me that. X'D

it varies. i get a year supply, but it lasts me anywhere from a year and a half to 2 years because i dont wear them very frequently.

for my last batch, they were good for wearing up to a month if you cleaned them every other day, ect. this batch, if i open up a pair, i can wear them for a week but shouldnt go past that amount of time with the same pair. i also have astigmatism and they dont both me :)

they get dry every once in a while, but generally youve got eye drops for it, and getting used to taking them in and out is pretty easy too

you get so good you can even take them out effectively when youre drunk XD

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

The ones I use have never gone dry on me and they only time they've ever been uncomfortable is when i wear them way too long. Cleaning mine require you only to drop them in the solution in a container overnight while you sleep. I can't even feel them in my eyes.

acuvue oasys

Acuvue-Oasys-contactlenzen.jpg

I have real sensitive eyes. So If i can wear these, anyone cane. Stay away from Acuvue 2s though. They are satan.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Yeah, it's actually cheaper for me to have contacts than glasses, even with a yearly contact lens exam. My eyes still change a little bit, enough that my prescription changes about every other year, and in that time I'll have spent less on disposable contacts than it would cost me to get one pair of glasses, that's how bad my eyes are.

I've been using the oasys as well, and they're pretty comfortable. I can sleep in them and everything. I don't clean them as often as I really should, but I can a month or two out of one pair if I clean them about once a week. Basicly, I take them out overnight once a week and let them soak, then rinse them good next morning. If I do that regularly, they're fine.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I had a problem with my bendy glasses over the years in that they were more than likely to break at the nose section that holds the two lenses together right around the edge of the frame. I'd never bend the damn things either so I don't know why it would happen..maybe a bit too rough without knowing it.

I'll have to check my vision insurance to see what they cover for contacts. I've always been hesitant about using them tho... to put something on my eyeballs! eeee! O_O

My eyes are really sensitive, I cant even stand to open them underwater, so If I can do it, so can you! X'D You cant even feel them on your eyes. Although putting them in for the first time was a challenge.

Yeah, the first few times you put them on, it's really weird. But once you get them in, they're really comfortable and you'll forget you have them on. Just remember, you're not actually touching your eyeball, the contact is between your finger and your eye, and your contact is made to touch your eye, so as long as you clean them, it's safe. ^_^

You might ask about a trial pair, a lot of companies will do that. And I don't have vision insurance, just get the exam and then buy them online. It's cheaper than paying $300 for a pair of glasses.

acsig2016.jpg

Mine cost around $35 for a pack of 6. Its recommended to only wear a pair for 2 weeks. I'll stretch mine to 3-4 without a hitch. so 1 box will last me a good couple of months. (following the 2 weeks directions, 8 packs will last you a whole year)

if your eyes are the same prescription, it's a little cheaper for the boxes. I can get a 6-month supply for about $60 because i wear mine for at least a month at a time.

acsig2016.jpg

Sign in to follow this