Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Printer-Scanner-Copier

I've been meaning to get something that prints + scans + copies (PSC) for a while now ... just clicked again this morning in my useless brain, and I thought I'd ask you guys for help.

Printer - I want a color printer, primary need: to print color photos or anime artbooks ...

Scanner - to scan all my bills and chuck em right after ...

Copier - backup in case I have important documents etc.

Is there a good color printer that's also a PSC?

Thanks!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

We've been using Canon for years now. And we have a Canon MP470 and it prints decently, but we still haven't tested out the scanner yet even tho we've owned it for about a year now. We got it on sale at a Circuit City before they closed up shop and only paid about $40-$60 for it. I think it was $40 tho. It was a good price.

However, the next printer we buy will be a kodak. The initial cost of the printer is worth it because the ink cartridges are so much cheaper for the amount of prints you get out of each cartridge. And the test prints I've seen at stores show some good quality prints too. Companies always sold printers cheap as hell because ink is so damn expensive and has kept getting more and more expensive every year. But a kodak color ink cartridge that prints almost twice the amount of pictures than a canan one.. and only about $15 for the kodak compared to a canon one for $25-$40... yeah, I'll be getting a kodak next time.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Kodak, cool, I'll consider them over the lot then ... I'm hoping to find a good color printer that also comes with a Scanner-Copier option.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

color laserjets have expensive toner cartridges, but they probably last for a crazy amount of prints. And laserjets are supurb printing quality compared to ink/bubblejet printers. btw, I bought a refurb toner cartridge that costed me $30 for my non-color laserjet. I shouldn't have to replace it for another year or two, even with constant printing. It'll print over a thousand pages. O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Thanks! I dunno why they need 4 or how it works >_< ... but, I got 4 :happy: which means 4 times the expense in case anything needs changing :happy: ... >_<! Me and my stupid ideas on not compromising on quality, etc. once in a while - succotash. It's ordered, and I'll click snaps when I get it ^_^

So I bought this one at 350 after a 150 discount off the total price of 500. The box was huge, and took me a while to get it upstairs. Opened the box. The printer was HUGE, and could amputate if it fell on my foot. I called the IT guy and asked him if he had potential small business buyers for it. 2 weeks later i.e. this past Sunday, he picked it up and the both of us held each side to take it downstairs X'D. I got some space in the apartment back cos of the huge area it covered, heck it could be passed off as a seat! And, I'm p-s-c~less again hahaha.

Yeah ... *sob* ... now I need to look all over again cos my old mind forgot of the next best choices.

HP makes some decent ones, that's what I've got. As for 3 or 4 color printing, the difference in home printers is that 4 color printing means Red, Blue, Yellow, and Black, so anything you print in black only uses one cartridge instead of a mix of all three. Meaning, you won't have to replace all of them if you do a lot of black and white printing, plus your color pictures will look a little better. I honestly don't use mine to print with anymore, though I really should. I mostly use it for scanning arts anymore.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Oooo ... I sees. I need to re-look up on different models for a certain budget, and this time SIZE will matter X'D.