Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Now Watching

Just figured it'd be cool to have this thread on here ...

The Thing - I love the 'ttrrroonnngggg trrroonnngggg' old school theme a the beginning of the movie heh, but it's pretty gripping with a no-nonsense script, and it gets better and creepier till the end.

Twelve Monkeys - Under-rated, and Pitt's performance is his best to date, imo.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Tron

I was discussing a bunch of sci/fi movies with a friend of mine, and I mentioned Tron ... woke up this morning itching to see it again X'D ... just finished rewatching it ... I love this movie regardless of a somewhat weak plot, it was the first of it's kind aeons ago ... maybe. Exceptional visuals, and pretty engaging despite a slightly lame/ unnecessary last 2-3 mins of the movie. I don't own the 20th anniversary DVD, but I read it came with bonus footage and the works.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

JL ... I need to grab me hands on those heh ... in time, in time. I was on a Sci/ Fi spree 2-3 months ago, and I just finished my Nana re-watch, so to change the mood, I'm on a re-watch spree again X'D

Dark Star - Carpenter's first (I think?) movie, and it's about a crew who're on a mission to blow up useless planets before they wreck the universe by going nova/ supernova, etc. so to speak. It's humorous in the 'what the hell hahahahahaha' kinda way for it's UBER silliness, but they don't make em movies like this anymore either, which's why I guess I like it hehe.

putting years in cause i haven't watched the originals

Land of the dead (2005) - futuristic setting. zombies with learning capabilities but still walk like dummies. not convincing. stupid movie.

Day of the dead (2008) - zombies retaining a little bit of their former personalities/intelligence. zombies run and hop..kinda reminds me of jiangshi chinese zombie-vampire monster. action packed. worth watching.

Murder Princess - anime with 6 episodes only so i consider this a movie. i absolutely loved it. i was hooked from the beginning. it's like leena inverse with bigger boobs so she doesn't throw around her temper tantrum because she is insecure so main character's more cool headed. it had all of my 3 fav ingridients in it - medieval, robots, and lots of blood. i just wish it was longer

Edited by slippers

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

slippers, are you a fan of Romero's Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead, and Day Of The Dead?

Soylent Green - finished this Sci/ Fi classic late last night featuring Heston. Set in the future, a board member of the Soylent Green corporation dies, and an investigation is carried out fronted by Heston (detective). Animal meat is a rare commodity, and Soylent Green in it's various forms accounts for most of people's food needs. I won't say much because I'll spoil it, but to a certain point it reminded me of Bio-meat (the manga that Eppy introduced me to) without the monsters, and the ending was disappointing. It felt unconclusive.

slippers, are you a fan of Romero's Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead, and Day Of The Dead?

not really. i was only looking for recent zombies movies that can run lol.

Eyes without a face - this horror/thriller movie made in 59' but it is first in very long time that i had to turn my eyes away because it was so graphic.. it was so well made and story was good too.

Hahahaa that's so cute! But yeah, I love EWAF, and the soundtrack too ^_^ ... good pick sir. I'm gonna watch Silent Running or Starman in a bit.

EDIT:

Cube - A bit of a surprise, pretty decent. A bunch of people land up in a kinda of maze.

Edited by Godgrave

Hypercube's concept was pretty cool ... like the existence of alternate dimensions/ realities, slow/ fast time paced rooms ... what I didn't like was how conveniently a Nobel prize winner came up with 60659 ... I mean, where'd he get that from anyway X'D

Have you seen Cube Zero :P?

It just elaborates a bit more into purpose of the Cube ... like how in HyperCube, we learn a bit more towards the end of the movie. They should've just stopped at the first movie, like Saw or Blade.

Over the weekend ... apart from watching The Universe, Ancient Aliens, Iron Chef America, and the Kardashian sisters' new show yesterday ...

Rewatched Frost/ Nixon, and Revolutionary Road.

North By Northwest - Hitchcock at his best here.

Across The Universe - pretty good musical that features some of the famous Beatles songs, and is set during the Vietnam war. It's primarily a romance/ drama about a boy who leaves Liverpool (UK) to come to the US to find his father, at Princeton university.

We watched The Universe and Ancient Aliens too. ^_^

We finished JL, watched the Green Lantern animated movie which was pretty good and the X-Men Origins Wolverine movie. Biggest pile of steaming shit I've seen in years. The only thing that movie had going for it is that Hugh whatshisface looks like Wolverine. Horrible movie. :pukeout:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Just figured it'd be cool to have this thread on here ...

The Thing - I love the 'ttrrroonnngggg trrroonnngggg' old school theme a the beginning of the movie heh, but it's pretty gripping with a no-nonsense script, and it gets better and creepier till the end.

Twelve Monkeys - Under-rated, and Pitt's performance is his best to date, imo.

The Thing is probably my favorite horror film ever. The special effects hold up to today's standards, and the suspense is just amazing because you never knew who or what was the thing at any time. The end was fitting as well.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

slippers, yeah it's kinda depressing too.

DX, that's awesome! Check out 'Whiteout' ([ame=http://www.forums.ancientclan.com/showthread.php?t=9604]Whiteout - Ancient Clan Forums[/ame]) and if you watch the full 2 min trailer, it looks like it has a similar premise.

I don't recall very well ... will re-watch it soon X'D ... is From Within out on dvd?

EDIT:

Last night I fell asleep in the middle of watching Rear Window. I blame 3 chocolate pastries-a mocha smoothie-a cheese sammich from Martha's something bakery in the evening, and a large pie from Dominos-2 helpings of Baileys at home >_< ...

Edited by Godgrave

Last night I fell asleep in the middle of watching Rear Window. I blame 3 chocolate pastries-a mocha smoothie-a cheese sammich from Martha's something bakery in the evening, and a large pie from Dominos-2 helpings of Baileys at home >_< ...

Be careful, with dinners like that you'll end up at the dentist or Bally's gym before you know it. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I don't recall very well ... will re-watch it soon X'D ... is From Within out on dvd?

EDIT:

lol

yesh it's out.

:gloom: yeah Sledge ... I know *sniff*... no control though *sigh*

Cool slippers, I'll check it out in a day or two.

Adaptation - prolly my favorite Nicholas Cage movie, also stars Meryl Streep, Chris Cooper, and a short role for Tilda Swinton. The movie's tag line is "Charlie Kaufman (Cage) writes the way he lives... with great difficulty. His twin brother Donald lives the way he writes... with foolish abandon. Susan (Streep) writes about life... but can't live it. John's (Cooper) life is a book... waiting to be adapted. One story... four lives... a million ways it can end."

Elfen Lied - This was so..fucked up yet so beautiful and sad. I had to watch all 13 episodes in one sitting. One of the best, perverted, and bloodiest anime I've ever seen.

Truth

Now watching: Hellsing Ultimate & Okane ga nai