Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Your opinion on website layouts?

Do you like a fixed width website? Or do you like a website that fills the entire page if you have a bigger monitor? But if your monitor is too big, couldn't that distort paragraphs into long rows of sentances?

I'm contemplating making a website with a fixed width of about 1000 pixels, but I was also thinking of making it expandable...

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

how about what will take me the least amount of time to make pretty >.<

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Yes, it is going to be centered. I don't think I've ever made a website that isn't centered. :P *remembers an old IGN layout from years ago and a huge white space filling the right of the screen*

Alright, thanks everyone! I'll keep it a 1000 pixels fixed width. Wah, I haven't made a new layout since http://www.windscar.com @_@

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Yes, it is going to be centered. I don't think I've ever made a website that isn't centered. :P *remembers an old IGN layout from years ago and a huge white space filling the right of the screen*

Alright, thanks everyone! I'll keep it a 1000 pixels fixed width. Wah, I haven't made a new layout since http://www.windscar.com @_@

No using tables this time ;)

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Either one can be done well; I tend towards fluid layouts because they work better on a variety of different screen resolutions and window sizes, though if your design is really graphics-heavy (e.g., banners) then I would do fixed width.

If you have any problems with CSS you can hit me up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      I made an album with some screenshots of vbulletin's default theme and the yu yu hakusho one that is now completed. The pictures in the album did not upload in the correct order, but if you can see which ones to compare:
      http://forums.ancientclan.com/album.php?albumid=60
      Anyway, I'll be working on more styles this week/weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade our main forums the weekend after that.. assuming vBulletin actually releases their maintenance release by then. (its only about a month behind schedule. )
    • By Sledgstone
      As per my blog entry here:
      http://forums.ancientclan.com/blog.php?b=222
      All our current themes will have to be converted to the new layout. This may take alot of time to get all our themes switched over, so we need to know, which themes would you like too see available first?
      Post your top 3 or 4 themes or just the 1 or 2 that you always use, we'll see which ones are the most popular and port those over first.
    • By Sledgstone
      The next vBulletin update should be released in beta by the end of this month or the beginning of the next. That will be the upgrade that will include the new style layout which will screw over our current themes and some of our plugin mods/extra features. However, there should be quite a few new features that should compensate for whatever we may loose. And as far as I know, the arcade should work in vB 4.0.
      Shortly after vB 4.0 is released, vBulletin will release their custom cms which we will probably purchase and make Ancient Clan into an actual site again instead of just a forum. But we'll have to see what functionality that program has before we make more definative plans at this point. Just keep in mind that changes are coming to AC... soon.
      and I better be impressed with what vbulletin comes out with. *kicks vb*