Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Volunteers swarm for shot at swine flu vaccine

Response overwhelms scientists leading safety trials for new H1N1 drug

It’s been just a week since Monica Hankins first heard scientists were looking for volunteers to test an experimental vaccine to prevent the H1N1 swine flu, but the Festus, Mo., mom and her family already are signed up.

She wants her two young daughters, Isabella, 3, and Maya, 19 months, to be among the first to be protected against the previously unknown virus that has launched a global pandemic and claimed more than 800 lives worldwide, including more than 300 in the United States.

*files this crazy bitch next to octomom* :nah:

From Seattle to St. Louis, at least 3,000 people so far have told scientists they’re eager to be part of fast-track clinical trials to assess the early safety of a shot aimed at preventing widespread infection, serious illness or death in a huge swath of the U.S. population.
About 54 percent of the U.S. population could be infected, with about 36 percent actually becoming ill with symptoms, said Ira Longini, a leading influenza researcher at the University of Washington School of Public Health.
These trials are too short and too limited in size to detect more serious problems, such as Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a neurological disorder that developed in 1 out of every 100,000 people who received vaccine during a swine flu epidemic in 1976.

the good news just keeps coming

fuck it dude I can handle having a sucky flu for a while. I'll take my chances with nature over pharma thanks :glasses:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

It is estimated that over 100,000 people in the UK have Swine flue with only 30 deaths thats 0.03% kill rate

and of them killed 84% of them had underlying heath issues,

so people running out to be vaccinated are just wasting time imo, get the flu, build an immunity to it, and get a few days off work with sick pay

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Sign in to follow this