Sign in to follow this  
Camron

Another return

living testament that the AC gas is very real. Big Wheel will forever permeate the air here at AC, whether thats a good thing (or causes cancer) has yet to be determined. :nah:

I'm turning 23 tomorrow, and I was just thinking back, way back. like 10 years.

I was 13 or 14 when I stumbled upon Anime Post, where I met Eppy and a few others. Eventually I joined a flock that migrated over to this here Ancient Clan. At the time the place seemed hardly ancient, in fact it was buzzing with new members and things were crazy nuts. Oh, and Lady stormed the castle. I remember joking about still being here 10, 20 years later. I think I may have even promised that I would be. and Look at this; here I am.

Recently:

I got a job working at a Korean semiconductor factory called Hynix, then as RAM sales started plummeting and the factory had to be closed. Over a thousand people got laid off, Including myself. I got a severance package and the chance to go back to school. So like any right-thinking citizen I took them up on the offer. I'm going to school for a degree in Computer Simulation/Game Development. AKA programming with some art classes on the side. I'm in my 3rd Term now.

On the unprofessional side of things I recently got back from a trip to California. I went to AX this year with a couple friends. It was pretty excellent. (There are pictures on facebook.)

How's everyone else?

(Also, I just updated my AIM and MSN information.)

Edited by Camron

wow.... anime post. i think i was like... 9 or 10 when i decided to start posting on a message board with eppy XD *remembers darkclown and shadow and all the other people* i think i was... RyoOhkiFan back then? X'D

i didn't come to AC for quite some time after anime post died. i remember going to BBR until that whole huge thing crashed and burned haha. i don't think i came over to AC until i was 15 or so haha. (maybe right after eppy's first trip to meet lady and sledge?) but i DO remember all of lady and eppy's fights :) ....and the chibis.... i heard all those stories....

welcome back :D

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

*chains Cammy to a post* No more leaving now.

Awe AP, how I remember that place (back when I was a newb on the net). Such fond and disturbed memories from back then.

So another Game Dev in the making I see. In my last year of my Game Design degree (and it's been hell). I've also moved 1800 miles since we last talked but thats for another time.

Anyways welcome back Cammy!!!!! I'll have to hit you up on AIM sometime soon.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Its nice to see you again Cammy! Not much has changed with us over the years, kids have grown up alot, we're in more debt x_x and our dog passed away recently. :(

How many years were you working at the semiconductor place before they closed up? Was it a labor intensive job?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Its nice to see you again Cammy! Not much has changed with us over the years, kids have grown up alot, we're in more debt x_x and our dog passed away recently. :(

How many years were you working at the semiconductor place before they closed up? Was it a labor intensive job?

Well thats unfortunate.. I hope you guys are getting by alright. My girlfriend just had to have her cat put down too. :(

It'll be ok though... They'd want us to carry on. We just need to remember all the good times and they'll always be with us in our hearts. We have to be strong for them. :cape:

As for the job; It was at times. We had to wear full bunny-suits and face masks. It was pretty miserable but you got used to it pretty quick. The job was mostly being on your feet for 12 hours, walking like a monster and knowing the ins and outs of your machines. The trick was keeping them running as much as humanly possible.

It was kind of like the game rootbeer tapper except with boxes filled with paper-thin fragile disks.