Kite

Pre-Ordered Windows 7 Yet?

Pre-Ordered Windows 7 Yet?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Pre-Ordered Windows 7 Yet?

• Yes... bring on super savings
    • Might do it in the near future
    • Will probably buy a new PC with pre install or buy after release
    • Never, nope, not even if they pay me...XP all the way.....

If you pre-order it you get a significant discount,

about 70% off on the home premium and 50% off ultimate (well in the UK anyways)

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

it might be worth pre ordering it, then cancelling at last minute, they don't take the money until they get the stock

that way you get the discount if you want it

sigpic1620_11.gif

Might do it in the near future. As of right now it doesn't pay to preorder and upgrade as soon as it comes out, I need to make sure of a few things first (since I'm going into the game industry when I graduate (hopefully) I need to know how it first effects the programs I need to use and whether or not it's going to be the standard OS the industry uses).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

tbh i think windows 7 will basicly be XP meets Vista,

improved GUI with less system hogginh

but thats my guess

i heard it plays nearly most games, just currently gameguard doesn't work on it (no Aion then)

sigpic1620_11.gif

I've been running Windows 7 (beta and RC) for a few months now. Basically, it seems like vista but slightly--not dramatically--faster. It seems to feel more responsive, but when you get down to benchmarks the difference isn't very noticeable. Generally speaking, all games and drivers and apps that work with vista work with Windows 7 (except Game Guard, as has been noted), and I think it works on somewhat less hardware than does Vista.

If you have Vista, I would pre-order. If you have XP, try out the RC first (it's almost a finished product anyway), and if you like it then try 7.

Might do it in the near future. As of right now it doesn't pay to preorder and upgrade as soon as it comes out, I need to make sure of a few things first (since I'm going into the game industry when I graduate (hopefully) I need to know how it first effects the programs I need to use and whether or not it's going to be the standard OS the industry uses).

Most programmers use virtual machines when they want to test stuff out so chances are it wont matter what OS you use as long as the tools your using can work on it. That's how we do things at my work anyway.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

True true but it's all about standards. I'm talking more along the lines of dev kits for the current systems as well as various other aspects that go along with the job. Plus I'm speaking more along the lines of a poor college student. I couldn't afford 7 even if I wanted to get it.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589