Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Time Warner Cable Greedy for money

I looked at our recent bill for Time Warner and guess what? We had a new line on our bill, it said: "Transfer/Balance" and was for $40 something. I called them and complained to find out what the hell the charge was actually for. Turns out they found an old account of ladys from 16 years ago. wtf.

I told the guy:

"Thanks, I just wanted to make sure the charge was legitimate. So you're telling me that Time Warner is either greedy for cash or struggling so badly for money that they have to search 16 year old records for loose change. That boosts my confidence in this company."

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

why are time Warner billing you anyways?

In the UK all they are is a production company, hell 1/2 the population wouldn't recognize the name

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

TW is our net/phone/cable tv provider

they have a monopoly here

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

:robot:

More like a Duopoly if you count Comcast. From what I can tell they don't compete with eachother... They just take certain areas & makes sure no one else can compete with them in that area.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I wouldn't even say Duopoly ... Verizon's picking up speed on popularity for their package because of the lure in FIOS. Heck, I'd jump from RoadRunner (TWC's isp) to FIOS if it were available in my apartment. Comcast is a big player in NJ, TWC in NY, racing close is Verizon.

I'm actually giving away my cable box and such, 50 bucks plus taxes is a lot when I have the option of Hulu. But, I'll miss some shows for sure. I'll get it back on when and if my dad visits in late September, and disconnect once he leaves end of October or mid Nov till the billing cycle comes to an end.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-rules-states-can-require-online-retailers-collect-sales-n873416
      In NY we're taxed by just about every website there is, but now the rest of the country can enjoy paying taxes for all their online purchases.  No real change for amazon tho since they already charge taxes for almost every state anyway. I'm wondering if this could force ebay to collect taxes on every single individual seller's transactions now.
    • By Sledgstone
      I got some notifications from Time Warner that I can now upgrade my modem to take advantage of higher internet speeds. I thought it was a spam email at first until I got an actual letter from Time Warner telling me the same thing. Seeing that Time Warner has never once improved their network in my area, I assumed all their profits went straight to their shareholders and they'd never improve their actual infrastructure. Turns out I was wrong. Time Warner is actually improving their service. Holy crap. Turns out they've been rolling out these upgrades across the country for a few years now and my area is finally ready. Check out the new speeds:
      http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/enjoy/better-twc/internet.html
      I'll be requesting my new modem today. Once I get it I'll most likely reduce my plan too. I am on the extreme plan which will now be "Ultimate 200". I can drop my internet down to the new extreme plan now. I'm not streaming 4k netflix and at this time and I don't think I'll need a 200/20 MBPS connection. Anyone else get an upgrade to your internet?
    • By Sledgstone
      I'm glad to see that Ronald D. Moore is working with Syfy again. Considering how amazing Battlestar Galactica turned out, I have high expections for Helix.
      Sources: TV Equals - Syfy.com/helix