Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

District 9

first part of the trailer made me think it was a documentary on soldiers in Africa

i want to watch this movie

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it. It looks very interesting. I'm intrigued because it looks like finally someone made the whole alien visitation thing from a different perspective where we are the ones with bad intentions. At least that how it appears from this trailer. A new one is suppose to debut with Bruno.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

in reality if aliens were to come to earth, it would probably be to explore, i cant imagine a civilization advancing so far without putting barbaric notions of galaxy conquest aside for a better understanding of the universe.

now with that, how would we humans react to an Alien race, honestly we cant even stop killing each other, our beautiful earth, or the worlds wildlife

it would be a refreshing change to have visitors that weren't here to destroy or manipulate.

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

what many people don't know is that this District 9 is based on this short film called "Alive in Joburg"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ1vHRs_EOs]YouTube - alive in joburg[/ame]

I'm still going to see District 9, it looks pretty excellent.

It looks interesting but as per usual I don't waste $ in the theaters

I'm patient enough to wait for it to be available to dow... erm buy on dvd

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I don't mean to spoil anything but the film style is somewhat 'raw' at times. A friend of mine experienced some motion sickness. There are some unsettling images that might trigger a physical response.

With that said. I really loved the movie. Maybe it's because that's exactly the type of storytelling that gets me off. For being relatively small budget the effects were top notch and very believable.