Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Windows 7 Prices

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1406108/microsoft-unveils-windows-pricing

The retail tariff for most versions of Windows 7 will be the same as Microsoft has been charging for Vista all along, except that the Home Premium edition of Windows ME II SP7 will set punters back a bit less than the Vista equivalent.

Windows 7 Home Premium will be priced at £20 less in the UK at £149.99 and $40 less in the US at $199.99, for the full package, or £79.99 in the UK and $119.99 in the US for the just the upgrade from Vista.

Such a deal for the home user, for what is essentially just an overly hyped service pack to Windows Vista.

Microsoft claims the price cut for the Home Premium version is down to its vast popularity, but we rather suspect that the Vole is knocking down the price due to fears it won't sell.

Windows 7 Professional will be priced at £219.99 in the UK and $299.99 in the US for the full package, or £189.99 in the UK and $199.99 in the US for the upgrade.

Windows 7 Ultimate will be priced at £229.99 in the UK and $319.99 in the US for the full package, or £199.99 in the UK and $219.99 in the US for the upgrade.

Anyone buying a computer with Windows Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate from June 26th onwards will get a free upgrade to Windowns 7.

Microsoft has even announced a pre-ordering promotional price just like any good bargain basement store.

From July 15th until August 14th, the Home Premium version will be going for only £49.99 in the UK and $49.99 in the US, while the Professional edition will sell for just £99.99 in the UK and $99.99 in the US.

In the US these promotional prices will only apply to the upgrades, whereas in the UK they will be good for the full versions.

Really frakking expensive considering that Apple will be offering its Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard release for just $29 for a single-licence upgrade and only $49 for a five-licence family upgrade bundle. "This is a direction I would have much preferred to see Microsoft head," he said.

MS should lower the price and give multiple licences, i cant afford 3 licences for me and my GF

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Sign in to follow this