Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

just pissed

for weeks I've been lobbying my reps myself and via activist campaigns over the so called climate bill that isn't going to do a fucking thing for us.

You would think politicians would be great with numbers, but apparently if it doesn't involve them getting paid or having their debts paid for them they can't comprehend numbers higher then 3.

It aint gonna work folks, even if it passes it's the equivalent of a fart in the wind. A warmer world will release methane and we can all fuck off and die.

No way is this piece of crap the desperate change we need or I voted for :gloom:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Which is why I don't pay attention to online petitions. Even well meaning ones that I agree will be ignored simply because of the sheer amount that are out there, as well as the ease of which 'signatures' can be forged. Even the stock letters to congressmen/senators/etc. get ignored. Every time I've tried to send one, I get back some form letter saying that I shouldn't be so gullable to believe what I see on the internet with a stamped signature, which tells me that it just gets put into the circular file instead of being read by the person it was sent to. There's a buffer layer between you and your congressman that seems to get thicker every year, which makes it harder to get your voice heard.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Sign in to follow this