Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Legal Pot in California in 2010?

LEGAL POT IN CALIFORNIA IN 2010? "OAKSTERDAM" PROVIDES THE MODEL

By Don Hazen, AlterNet

Pot entrepreneur Richard Lee envisions a professional

marijuana industry much like the one that exists in

Amsterdam.

http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/140642/legal_pot_in_california_in_2010_%22oaksterdam%22_provides_the_model/

There is a buzz moving through the culture, as the public attitudes around cannabis use are rapidly shifting, that the legalization of marijuana in some states, particularly California, is a growing possibility.

Recent polling by Zogby in May demonstrated that a majority of Americans, say it "makes sense to tax and regulate" marijuana. The Zogby poll, commissioned by the conservative-oriented O'Leary Report, found 52 percent in favor of legalization, only 37 percent opposed. As Ryan Grim reports on the Huffington Post , a previous ABC News/Washington Post poll found 46 percent in support. In California, a Field Poll found 56 percent backing legalization and as a result California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger called for an open debate on legalization, all which suggest that American society may be reaching a tipping point when it comes to legal pot.

go govonator :goodjob:
Lee and TaxCannabis2010.org, the newly minted organization he started to push the initiative, calls for the legalization of small amounts of marijuana for personal possession by adults 21 and older, and allows cities and counties the option of regulating sales and cultivation. The legal amount would be 1 ounce for personal possession, with cultivation allowed in a space no larger than 5 feet by 5 feet.
A oz is a pretty big chunk o weed to be walking around w in yer pocket. I can't really see a reason for having more then 1/4 or even 1/2 on you at a time unless yer dealing(probably to minors) or growing.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

would be interesting to see how this effects society as a whole.

personally I don't and wont touch weed or its many cousins.

But is there's a decline in serious crimes. (non drug related) it could be a huge step in legalising it through out the country

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

just possession, a victimless(except for the user) non violent crime, is prosecuted to all hell here. its just sitting in your pocket or purse not doing anything but you're breaking the law. people continuously caught with drugs and paraphernalia end up overflowing our prisons.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

well possession usually is an indicator of intent,

regardless, if if they change the law. it could free up police to respond better to other crimes, (irony being the cop's be stoned and respond less x'd)

sigpic1620_11.gif

if ya regulate it like booze ie no drinkin/smokin on the job driving etc Although most ppl I've seen drive stoned drive slower and more old lady~ish X'D OMG 30 mph! I'm driving like a bat out of hell X'D

posession and intent yes yes yes. thats why I think an oz is too much to be running around with at a time. Everything in moderation yo

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

my main beef with the legalisation of marijuana is the ridiculous amount of variations to it, often far more potent, and damaging to health, like spirits are to beer. will this open the door to that?

sigpic1620_11.gif

As far as I am aware, stronger weed doesn't = more health problems. The composition of the inhailents doesn't really change. Weed doesn't get all fermented and chemed up like boozes or ciggys; its preferable to use it farm fresh, no additives or preservatives like tabacco. Strength of the thc in the plant can be manipulated via how the plant is grown and what its fed. Strength varies by strain and plant part too.

The FDA now has to figure out new rules for ciggys; what can be put in them, regulation of dose of nicotine per cigarette to catogorize full flavor, light, ultra light etc. Once that system is in place it will be the model for marijuana regulation by the FDA.

Alcohol prohibition didn't work, drug prohibition isn't working either. A lot of non violent "criminals" are filling up prisons and waiting rooms to see their probation officer. Money power and guns are in the hands of drug cartels and their ilk. If we really wanna kick these types out of business we have to take away not their product their sales advantage. If a pot smoker could by a pack of weed lights at walmart cheap I doubt said pot smoker is going to put himself in a dangerous situation to get the same dubage.

:bingo:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this