Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Arnold Schwarzenegger for President?

I just re watched Demolition Man, and this sparked my interest.

Just out of curiosity, do you think the constitution should be amended to allow someone like Arnold to run for president?

He may not be born on American soil, but does that make a difference?

Since age 10 he wanted to live in America and in his early 20's succeeded in making it happen.

He is a successful business man, fitness icon and married to a Kennedy.

Contrary to belief he is a real life Commando / Terminator, he is an educated and clever man.

to come from a Austrian town to a multi millionaire Californian governor isnt luck.

And on top of that donates his Governor salary ($175000 p/a) to charity

Though not an American citizen myself, personally i think he would be great for Internation relations. I mean imagine Arnold Schwarzenegger paying a visit to China, the guy is a world wide icon.

he has had bad press (drugs and women) but never denied them or buried them like a politician would normally do.

The way i see it is if your good enough to run business in the US, become a governor of one of the most well known states. and have citizenship then why cant he run for president?

The USA is only about 240 years old, so practically every citizen is a descendent of mainly European or African colonists from as little as 5 generations. (not inc Native Americans aka Native Indians)

Well thats my 2 cents on the issue

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I can answer that in 4 words

Don't count on it

The republican party is a little busy becoming the Whig party and destroying itself

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I'd vote for him. He may not be the best 'politician' around, but we have too many of those and that's what's screwing things up. He's smart, he's good at what he does, and from what I've seen, has made a great governer.

Besides, what country would fuck with us with him as president? XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Considering what I hear from my friend and class mate who's from Cali Arnold would make a bad president. Sorry if he were to ever become president I would lose all faith in this country and pack my bags and leave it (I do fully support someone becoming president even if they weren't born on US soil because I'm sure there are plenty of people in the world who could run it better, just wanted to make sure I clarified that much).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I don't support either. You're risking the country being run by a terrorist or a spy for another country. Sure it's a pretty far reach but if it happed, our country would be worse off then when Bush was in office.

PS. Dems hold the majority right now in office so I don't know why people are still bitching about republicans lol. Americas needs to get away from bashing political party's and start trying to figure out how to make this country better.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

PS. Dems hold the majority right now in office so I don't know why people are still bitching about republicans lol. Americas needs to get away from bashing political party's and start trying to figure out how to make this country better.

THIS. Like it'll ever happen, but imagine how quickly problems would be solved if everyone worked together instead of spending time, energy, and money dividing into camps. ><

acsig2016.jpg

we're set up to be a 2 party system (and then some) If that were to change and we became a single united party we'd lose our democracy.

pro choice will never surrender to pro life etc

constant bickering doesn't accomplish much but debate and compromise is part of the process. The "bitching" educates people to a politicians position on the issues.

Personally I prefer to make educated decisions instead of voting for someone or something because 'everyone else is'.

Arnie wouldn't get my vote for prez. He's a neo con hiding behind the environment. Yes he's done some good things to move cali toward clean energy and less pollution but its not as if that screwed state has much of a choice. A little research on any politician can be quite the eye opener.

I joke about the govonator becoming prez because it will never happen and we're all better off that it don't.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I don't think we should dissoluve into just one political party, but get rid of political parties all together. Or, allow more than two. One of the problems I have with just two political parties is that every issue gets turned into black-and-white extreme two choices, and I can't agree with either stance. And I'm not the only one. Take abortion for example. There are times when it's medically needed to save the mother or in cases of rape or incest. So I won't support pro-life campaigns because sometimes it has to happen. But I don't think it should be used for birth control, which is what a lot of women want to use it for. So I don't support pro-choice for that reason. It's a gray area, and by having only two political parties (that count), you end up with either one extreme or the other. If we had no political parties or lots of them with equal power, I think a lot more people would participate because they could find a group that has more moderate beliefs that match more towards what they support.

acsig2016.jpg

The independent parties are gaining popularity but still don't have the $ or following the entrenched 2 parties have. Things change though, we aren't whigs n torys anymore ne? :P

you n I got pretty much the same ideas about abortions too, they shouldn't be used as birth control, birth control should be used as birth control! but they must remain legal as every woman should have the right to choose what happens to her body.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

George Washington was against political parties. However as humans, we gravitate towards those who believe as we do, and bond together in support of one another. There we naturally form our own factions, and thus there will always be parties... if you split them all up, they would eventually just reform once more.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I never said make one party. I said stop bashing political party's, major difference. There is always a need for more then one party but that's no reason for both party's and the citizens in them to keep bashing each other. It's gotten substantially worse these past few years. I can only assume it's because election season started early and the majority where fed up with Bush.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

election season started early and the majority where fed up with Bush.

:bingo:bingo

not only that but Bushy left a big ol' mess in his wake. If we don't discuss/bitch/whatever about Torture, Iraq, Supreme Court Judges etc mistakes go unpunished and are doomed to be repeated.

Moderates from both parties are comparable enough(thats why bills pass) its way left liberals and way right conservatives that got the hate on for each other. I'm not for every single liberal idea that comes down the pike but I do consider myself a lefty liberal to distance myself from conservatives and even moderates in my own (current) party. I hate the right wing period. Religious nuts that don't separate church and state and want to send our rights and liberties back to the fuckin dark ages. :nah:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers