Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

CDC: Swine flu cases top 100 in U.S.

Infections expected to rise as virus spreads to ‘many more states’

Health officials on Thursday stressed people with flulike symptoms should avoid public transportation but said everyone else needs only to follow commonsense precautions, as the nation's swine flu cases passed 100, reaching 15 states. “There’s no one action that’s going to stop this, there’s no silver bullet,” Dr. Richard Besser, acting head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said at a news briefing Thursday.

But many actions, taken together, could lessen impact of the flu, he said. Besser couldn't comment whether the virus is changing to become more virulent as it moves from to person to person.

Biden accused of fearmongering

The vice president also was asked whether he would advise his own family against flying to Mexico and gave a surprise answer: "I would tell members of my family — and I have — that I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now," he said. "It's not just going into Mexico. If you're any place in a confined aircraft and one person sneezes, it goes all the way through the aircraft." Biden's office quickly issued a statement backing off the remarks and suggesting he was talking only about travel to Mexico, where the new virus has hit hardest, and urging people not to use public transportation while sick.

guess fuckin what? Joe is right and common sense is not fear mongering.

I dunno how close to home the flu has hit you yet, but it is up here; Fabius-Pompey schools closed this week cuz there was a case of it in the high school.

FEMA/Homeland Security have the green light to do whatever the hell they need/want to us. I'll bet they're thrilled at the prospect of locking "sick people" up in their fabulous detention facilities.

This "pandemic" is the silver bullet the military needs to activate Rex 84 and all the shitty laws and ex orders Bushy put in place give them the power and authority to lock you up with no legal representation indefinitely.

Basically if you have or have been exposed to swine flu you are a threat to national security and quite possibly a homegrown radicalized bio terrorist.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Bush already gave em everything they need here to fuck us. Obama has given them the okay to open the gate. Now all we can do is sit back and wait to see if FEMA releases the hounds. Here in upstate NY the hounds will most likely be our (whoever is left at Fort Drum) and Canadian national guard.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Confirmed swine flu cases leap

GENEVA, Switzerland (CNN) -- Confirmed cases of swine flu worldwideincreased to 257 on Thursday, up significantly from the previous day's total of 147, the World Health Organization reported.

In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said it confirmed 109 cases of swine flu, or 2009 H1N1, in 11 states, an increase of 18 from its previous total.

The death toll climbed again Thursday, with Mexican officials announcing the number of confirmed deaths increased to 12. There has been one death in the United States attributed to swine flu.

Officials in Mexico said they suspect more than 150 deaths there were caused by swine flu and are continuing to investigate.

The biggest increase in confirmed infections occurred in Mexico, which has 97, WHO said. There were 26 confirmed cases Wednesday. Mexican officials announced an even higher total, with Health Minister Jose Angel Cordova Villalobos saying they confirmed 312 cases.

In addition to Mexico and the United States, WHO has confirmed non-lethal cases in Austria (1), Canada (19), Germany (3), Israel (2), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (3), Spain (13), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (8).

An additional 230 cases are being investigated in the United Kingdom, and Spain has 84 suspected cases.

2009 H1N1 virus is a hybrid of swine, avian and human strains, and no vaccine has been developed for it.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

we're already wiped out of face masks and hand sanitizers at work. i saw people walking around the supermarket with them on -_-; personally, i'm not so damn sure about this BS. the symptoms are EXACTLY like the ones of the common flu you get during the winter. so wtf?

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

Going to do the same thing the normal flu does, wipe out the weak, and eldery.

which I suppose for many who love those people is a tradgety. I've had nightmares about swine flu(kinda stressed about finals) and honestly even in my dreams I'm still saying the same thing I say awake

"swine flu? bring it, if I die, I've had a good short run"

everyday I wake to a better dream and every night I don't want to sleep for I don't want to leave that day dream

watch them work a 2009 h1n1 inoculation into babies shots within the next 7 years w/ no long term neurological studies

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this